Can`t boot Ubuntu Installation Usb memory stick on Acer Iconia W700P tablet

Options
User009
User009 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,
I really am stuck on this very annoying stage. I am trying to install Ubuntu on Acer Iconia W700P tablet. I`ve read all similar threads and nothing seems to work in my case. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Here is what I did:
1. I created a Bootable Ubuntu Installation USB flash drive with Rufus the way the instructions on Ubuntu website demanded. And plugged it into the tablet.
2. I reached the tablet`s BIOS and following the advises given in other similar threads I managed to:
   2.1. set the Supervisor password
   2.2. Selected an UEFI file as trusted for executing by selecting ''HDD1' > ''EFI" > "Boot" > "bootx64.efi" and finally entering the filename I saw in the USB flash drive - "BOOTx64.efi" (I don`t know if that was right)
   2.3. Boot type is set to "UEFI"
   2.4. Secure boot is enabled
Then I tried booting with pressing F12 key many times. Nothing happened - still the tablet started Windows 10. I tried this with USB HDD first in the Boot priority order, then I tried with "EFI File Boot 0: BOOTx64.efi" first - nothing again.
Also in many threads is advised that the F12 boot menu is enabled, however THERE IS NO SUCH OPTION AT ALL in the Acer Iconia W700P tablet`s BIOS.

I would really, really appreciate your help.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! First you should convert a pendrive to gpt like this:

Then download an iso only x64 from ubuntu and copy it to the pendrive. Then create a password in the password in setsupervisorpassword so you can disable the secureboot. If your bios has a function called fast boot, you should also disable it!
    Then put the pendrive first in the boot!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • User009
    Options
    Hi! And thank you for your response. I did all that you instructed - converted the flash drive to gpt, downloaded Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS iso file, copied it to the flash drive, disabled Secure Boot and set USB HDD as first option in Boot priority order, however nothing happened again. The tablet still starts Windows10.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OK! Try this: enter the bios again and find a function called f12 boot mode and then turn it on! Press f10 to save and exit the bios and immediately press the f12 key and make sure the pendrive is found correctly! What is the bios version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • User009
    Options
    But there is no function called f12 boot mode in the BIOS that I open. System BIOS version: v 2.07. 

Is it possible that there's any factory restriction that can explain the lack of that option?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not think there is a blockage for installing ubuntu! Have you checked if there is an option with the name "ahci or rst with optane"? Ubuntu can only be installed in ahci mode!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User009
    Options
    Thanx. I saw the AHCI mode option in BIOS - Main - SATA MODE - Set Harddisk Controller Configure Type. And I've never changed it.

I think I am going to try booting from DVD. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User009
    Options
    Thanks. I'll check that out!