Black screen Aspire E5-575G-57D4

Options
Donbro
Donbro Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Aspire E5-575G-57D4  When turning on the computer the keyboard lights up and I may or may not temporarily see the Acer logo and a few dots starting to circle. I've turned it on/off many times and sometime I see the logo/dots, but not always. They quickly disappear.  Screen is black.  No error message.  Doesn't make any attempt to boot and makes no sound.  

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Donbro
    Try this
    Power Drain: Turn off the Laptop and unplug the charger. look at the back of your unit you can find a small pin hole. Put a paper clip in the pin hole and press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Donbro
    Donbro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Jack I appreciate your reply.  I tried the power drain method twice.  No improvement.  I did notice, when turning on the computer, if the Acer logo appears the cursor disappears.  When turning on, if the logo does not appear the cursor is visible.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi!!

@Donbro

I recommend you to try performing BIOS reset. To do that; 

1. Press & hold power button and turn off your computer. 
    2. Then, turn on your computer and look for F2 button on top row of your keyboard. Keep tapping this F2 key as soon as you start your computer to access the BIOS. 
    3. Once you are into the BIOS, press F9 button and confirm with Yes to restore the default BIOS settings.  
    4. Then press F10 followed by Enter to save the changes and exit out from BIOS. 

Your laptop should reboot now. Check what happens and please pop up back with result. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Jack22
    Options
    @Donbro
    Ok. Just try balatekie steps but still if the issue continue than you might need to check for updates.
    If still you have issue than try doing reset. But by doing reset on your laptop will wipe all data
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen.
    3. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" and your computer will boot to a blue screen that says "Choose an option."
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset this PC.
    6. Pick a recovery option: Keep my files or Remove everything.
    7. Click remove everything.
  • Jack22
    Options
    @Donbro
    Try the below link to do reset, it has a video instruction
    https://za.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38193/~/windows-10:-how-to-restore-windows-using-alt-+-f10-on-startup