Predator Helios 300

rafee
rafee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Dear Altruists,

I bought the Predator Helios 300 around 2 months ago through Amazon, and like 15 days ago one keys in my keyboard are not working, this key is 'Z'

I would like to know how to solve this issue. I already tried reinstalling the drivers for the keyboard but the issue persists.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @rafee
    If just one key is not working ,even after installing the drivers. Than it should be a mechanical problem.
    If its a external keyboard than you can try to pop out the single key and check if there is any any dust.
    Clean them and put it back and check whether its working. If not than you need to replace the keyboard.
    Since you said its just 2 months old than it should be under warranty. Call Acer support and send it in they will fix it
    check the link below to contact Acer support.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @rafee
    You can see the below pic for info

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you to not try removing the key if it is on the laptop's keyboard, as there is a good chance you might break the key, which will then be considered as external damage and won't be covered under warranty.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @rafee
    If just one key is not working ,even after installing the drivers. Than it should be a mechanical problem.
    If its a external keyboard than you can try to pop out the single key and check if there is any any dust.
    Clean them and put it back and check whether its working. If not than you need to replace the keyboard.
    Since you said its just 2 months old than it should be under warranty. Call Acer support and send it in they will fix it
    check the link below to contact Acer support.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @rafee
    You can see the below pic for info

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you to not try removing the key if it is on the laptop's keyboard, as there is a good chance you might break the key, which will then be considered as external damage and won't be covered under warranty.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!