Can't turn off OverDrive while FreeSync is enabled on Acer KG251QF

Options
NitroAce
NitroAce Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello!

So for some reason, you are not able to turn off the OverDrive function while FreeSync is enabled on this monitor. That goes for both DP and HDMI.
You can turn it off, if you set DP format to 1.1 (disables FreeSync), but that is really unfortunate since I have a AMD GPU and I bought this monitor to use FreeSync.

So why do I want to turn of OverDrive you say? OverDrive on this monitor creates some kind of inversed ghosting effect that is really annoying. It is basically the same effect as can be seen with the Acer monitor in this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWUJLRKrq4

Now I know that this is a long shot since this monitor has been on the marked for some time, but I'm gonna try anyway:
If someone from Acer reads this, could we please get a driver/firmware update for this monitor so that you can turn off OverDrive while using FreeSync?

If this could be fixed, it would be one of the best budget monitors out there!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Unfortunately a firmware update requires a trip to the factory, so it's unlikely for that to happen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.