Help me with this doubt Aspire 5,

JorgePG
JorgePG Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hola..., adquirí el producto Acer Aspire 5, quisiera saber si podría adicionar un disco solido sin tener que reemplazar el duro que ya viene integrado...

Hello ..., I bought the Acer Aspire 5 product, I would like to know if I could add a solid disk without having to replace the hard one that is already integrated ...

[Post edited as the member posted in Spanish language -Acer-Harvey]

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    JorgePG said:
    Balatekie said:
    JorgePG said:
    Balatekie said:
    JorgePG said:
    Aspire A515-51G-512N, quiero mejorarlo un poco adicionando un disco solido sin tener que extraer el HDD
    Aspire A515-51G-512N, I want to improve it a bit by adding a solid disk without having to extract the HDD [Translated using Google Translator]

@JorgePG

The Acer laptop series A515-51G comes with M.2 slot for SSD apart from the regular SATA HDD. Hence, you can add SATA/NVMe SSD in your laptop. Below is the list of compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer. 

El problema que esa unidad M.2 ya ocupa una memoria optane ya de fábrica, no se si con eso integrado se podría adicionar el SSD
    The problem that this M.2 unit already occupies a memory optane already from the factory, I do not know if with that integrated the SSD could be added [Translated by Google Translator]

Yes... I see that laptop has 16GB Optane Memory. The Optane Memory is in a separate pci/e 3x4 M.2 2280 slot. and you have your HDD slot. You have to deactivate Optane Memory  completely  via Intel control panels. You would then  place anyone of the above mentioned SSD in the M.2 slot. 

Uninstalling the Intel® Optane: 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-opt...

se puede instalar el SSD sin tener que extraer el Optane? quisiera tener los dos, se podra ?
    Can the SSD be installed without having to extract the Optane? I would like to have both, will it be possible? [Translated using Google Translator]

JorgePG,
    I understand that you would like to have both [Intel Optane + SSD] in your laptop. I am sorry that unit has only one M.2 slot and that is already with Optane Memory. It is not possible to have both on the computer. :( 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @JorgePG
    May i have the model number of your laptop?
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JorgePG
    Aspire A515-51G-512N, quiero mejorarlo un poco adicionando un disco solido sin tener que extraer el HDD
  • Balatekie
    JorgePG said:
    Aspire A515-51G-512N, I want to improve it a bit by adding a solid disk without having to extract the HDD [Translated using Google Translator]

@JorgePG

The Acer laptop series A515-51G comes with M.2 slot for SSD apart from the regular SATA HDD. Hence, you can add SATA/NVMe SSD in your laptop. Below is the list of compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer. 

• JorgePG
    Balatekie said:
    JorgePG said:

@JorgePG

El problema que esa unidad M.2 ya ocupa una memoria optane ya de fábrica, no se si con eso integrado se podría adicionar el SSD
  • Balatekie
    edited February 2019
    JorgePG said:
    Balatekie said:
    JorgePG said:

@JorgePG

The problem that this M.2 unit already occupies a memory optane already from the factory, I do not know if with that integrated the SSD could be added [Translated by Google Translator]

Yes... I see that laptop has 16GB Optane Memory. The Optane Memory is in a separate pci/e 3x4 M.2 2280 slot. and you have your HDD slot. You have to deactivate Optane Memory  completely  via Intel control panels. You would then  place anyone of the above mentioned SSD in the M.2 slot. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-opt...

• JorgePG
    Balatekie said: JorgePG said: Balatekie said: JorgePG said: Aspire A515-51G-512N, quiero mejorarlo un poco adicionando un disco solido sin tener que extraer el HDD Aspire A515-51G-512N, I want to improve it a bit by adding a solid disk without having to extract the HDD [Translated using Google Translator]

@JorgePG

El problema que esa unidad M.2 ya ocupa una memoria optane ya de fábrica, no se si con eso integrado se podría adicionar el SSD The problem that this M.2 unit already occupies a memory optane already from the factory, I do not know if with that integrated the SSD could be added [Translated by Google Translator]

Uninstalling the Intel® Optane: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-opt...
    se puede instalar el SSD sin tener que extraer el Optane? quisiera tener los dos, se podra ?
  • Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    JorgePG said:
    Balatekie said:
    JorgePG said:
    Balatekie said:
    JorgePG said:

@JorgePG

Can the SSD be installed without having to extract the Optane? I would like to have both, will it be possible? [Translated using Google Translator]

JorgePG,
    I understand that you would like to have both [Intel Optane + SSD] in your laptop. I am sorry that unit has only one M.2 slot and that is already with Optane Memory. It is not possible to have both on the computer. :(