Acer Aspire R5-471T FN Keys Windows 10

Preston93
Preston93 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Serial Number ***********************
SNID ************

Let me just start by saying that EVERY other key works on my keyboard.
So I'm having an issue with my FN Keys, none of them are being detected at all can't adjust volume or brightness or turn on keyboard backlight or do anything at all that involves holding down the FN key, it's almost as if the laptop can't detect the key press or something. It doesn't work in Windows or Bios. 
I've reinstalled windows 3 times trying multiple different build numbers, I've uninstalled keyboard drivers and rebooted, I've tried safe mode, I've even gone as far as unplugging the keyboard ribbon cable inside the machine and reinserting it. I've tried literally everything I can think of. Google only give me results about the FN keys being locked or reversed.
Someone please help me, I have no idea what to do.

Also in device manager I have 2 keyboards listed for some reason. ""HID Keyboard Device"" and also ""Standard PS/2 Keyboard""

If someone could just tell me a way to enable my keyboard backlight WITHOUT the use of the FN Key i'd be happy.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Preston93 !

Did you update Acer Quick Access?
    It is he who controls the settings to access the FN keys.

Download the version for your model here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6397?b=1

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!