How to replace G6 -710 factory installed SSD?

xs8899
xs8899 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I just bought a Samsung 860 Pro SSD. I am looking to replace the factory installed 256 GB SSD. However, I can't seem to find it.
From my online search, it seems the factory installed SSD is located under the graphics card. I can't be sure because it seems Acer designed the system to prevent tinkering. 
If the factory installed SSD can't be replaced, how can I change the boot order of the system? The boot options available to me in BIOS are (somewhere to that effect)
1. Windows Boot Manager
2. DVD ROM
3. USB removable device

There doesnt seem to be an option for me to select another SSD (even though Windows recognises it).

Best Answer

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    xs8899 
    If you device is shipped with SSD, then you should find it in 'NGFFM1' slot. The other M.2 slot (NGFFE1 M)is for M.2 WLAN connector.
    The steps in the below weblink should help you to migrate the data to Samsung 860 Pro SSD.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/641460#Comment_641460

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • xs8899
    xs8899 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thanks Sharanji. Another question. Not sure if I should create another thread. In terms of speed, should I get a Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD and installed it at one of the PCIe x1 slot or should I use the SATA Samsung 860 Pro SSD? Because I read somewhere that PCIe x1 speed is comparable to SATA speed.