Aspire V5-571P-6642 No boot to Bios/UEFI/Windows/USB or CD-ROM

HelpMe35
HelpMe35 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had neshta A virus and used avg neshta to remove it. I wanted to make sure it was gone so I used diskpart; and acer windows 8 CD recovery. Then I switched boot in bios to legacy and priority to CD and reinstalled windows. During the installation I was fighting the virus. It would click, to the extent I see black dots where it clicks and kept bringing up OSK and randomly typing. Previously the laptop upgraded to windows 10 and used UEFI. Neshta A is a UEFI rootkit. I managed to install windows,  boot into safe mode and run avg Neshta removal tool. Virus seemed gone. Windows defender identified it as Neshta A Trojan Virus.   The next day my laptop powered off while using it; and I get the message "no operating system found", it also gave me the Acer logo I would get with windows 10 and the UEFI. There is no grey bar at the bottom displaying f2 and f12 options now.  I've tried holding the power button down to make sure it was off. I used alt+f10, f2 , f12, Del, shift+f8, holding esc,f2,or del while powering up don't work. I can't boot to bios or windows. It won't boot from USB or CD. Took ram and battery out.  Held power button for over 30 seconds and let my laptop sit unplugged without battery or ram for 24 hours. Still only boots to Acer logo. Where it goes to operating system not found black screen.  I can ctrl+alt+del go back to Acer screen or restart manually. What can I do to install an operating system on this model?

Best Answer

• HelpMe35

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    To Flash it. Simply unplug your machine and take out the battery. Hold power for 30 seconds, plug machine in, hold fn+esc, press power,  let go of fn +esc after machine starts.

To create USB.  Open cmd as admin. 
    Diskpart 
    List disk
    Select disk "your disk number no quote "
    Clean
    Create partition primary 
    List partition 
    Select partition "your partition number"
    active 
    Format fs=fat size=4000 quick 

Download the Acer bios from drivers and downloads, extract the exe,  and place the contents on the USB 

Answers

• HelpMe35

Tinkerer

Is this topic in the right place ? I read something about other acers,  you could format a USB to fat32 and download original bios here, then booting the laptop with holding power,  esc and function would flash and install it.  However., I cannot find a tutorial qnywhere for this model. Any information that might be useful is appreciated and helpful. Thanks. 

• HelpMe35

Tinkerer

Hi, 
    I was able to flash this; by extracting the bios file  and renaming one to the name file .fd,  with fn + esc on USB. VA410218.fd . I cannot find a tutorial on this anywhere for this laptop. I cannot remember exactly how I got it to go before. I've been trying for hours so ] thought I'd ask.  I formatted USB to fat32. I have extract the files and rename the bios.cap to VA410218.fd, I've changed the package. I take out ram, battery,  and hold power button 30 seconds. I put back in ram, battery, and hold on+esc while I plug in the power cord. I press the power button for 3 seconds. I release fn +esc once the machine starts back up. I have got this before.. . I just tried so many things and it was awhile ago I cannot remember. 
  • HelpMe35

Tinkerer

If someone has any suggestion on how to get it; that would be great! If I happen to get it by trial and error again;  I will post the method while it's fresh in my memory!
  • HelpMe35

Tinkerer

Acer forum, community, and Acer themselves offer no support.ive posted 3 topics in the last month with no responses. Do not buy Acer 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Hello! What is your problem with bios and what is the difficulty you are having in installing the operating system? What is the current bios version? Did you corrupt the BIOS of your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HelpMe35

Tinkerer

I have a virus that is persistant even after diskpart to clean, format and Acer Recovery win 8.1 CD or USB formatted fat32 with win 10 media creation tool. My bios version is 2.18 A A.  The virus is a UEFI rootkit. When I had removed this virus in the past; I needed to flash bios before installing windows. I can't remember how I renamed the files I downloaded for my V5-571P. I cannot find a tutorial anywhere. Simply : I Just want to know  how to get my laptop in crisis mode, fn+esc? and what file to rename. Fd?  What should my USB be formatted to? The picture is what I did before,  and what I'm trying to do again.
  • Do you know the name of the virus that was identified? Can you gain access to bios? What version of bios is installed on your notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    HelpMe35 said:
    I have a virus that is persistant even after diskpart to clean, format and Acer Recovery win 8.1 CD or USB formatted fat32 with win 10 media creation tool. My bios version is 2.18 A A.  The virus is a UEFI rootkit. When I had removed this virus in the past; I needed to flash bios before installing windows. I can't remember how I renamed the files I downloaded for my V5-571P. I cannot find a tutorial anywhere. Simply : I Just want to know  how to get my laptop in crisis mode, fn+esc? and what file to rename. Fd?  What should my USB be formatted to? The picture is what I did before,  and what I'm trying to do again.
    The USB drive should be FAT32 formatted with the .fd file only. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to discuss how to create a crisis drive or flash the BIOS, as it is against the Acer Community guidelines section 13 and this is why no one has answered your previous posts.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Yes! Colleague @ven98 is correct! Also, there is a risk of corrupting the bios using this command! However, if you still have access to bios, I suggest you do not try to use the fn + esc command anymore! If you no longer have access to bios, it is best to send the notebook to the Acer service center! From what I checked, your notebook displays image, which indicates that the part of the bios that initializes the hardware is intact and most probably you still have the bios in perfect condition!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HelpMe35

Tinkerer

To Flash it. Simply unplug your machine and take out the battery. Hold power for 30 seconds, plug machine in, hold fn+esc, press power,  let go of fn +esc after machine starts.

Diskpart 
    List disk
    Clean
    Create partition primary 
    List partition 
    active 

Download the Acer bios from drivers and downloads, extract the exe,  and place the contents on the USB 

• HelpMe35

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Diskpart 
    List disk
    Clean
    Create partition primary 
    List partition 
    active 

• HelpMe35

Tinkerer

The issue for me was not renaming anything, but the USB needed to be fat it wouldn't work with fat32 on this machine 
  • HelpMe35

Tinkerer

I fTo Flash it. Simply unplug your machine and take out the battery. Hold power for 30 seconds, plug machine in, hold fn+esc, press power,  let go of fn +esc after machine starts.

Diskpart 
    List disk
    Clean
    Create partition primary 
    List partition 
    active