G9-793-78CM Best available nvme for upgrade

Grizzaphus
Grizzaphus Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What is the best nvme upgrade I can hope to put in the G9-793-78CM at this time?

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!

@Grizzaphus,

Below is the Storage Subsystem details and list of all compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    The first port at the bottom supports NVMe, while the other port above it is M.2 SATA. The best M.2 SSD you can purchase in my opinion is the samsung 970 pro.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Grizzaphus
    edited February 2019
    Ok, Im not new to computers but I am to nvme and m.2. So I have one of each port, one storage and one for the OS? And I'm not sure how much each slot supports.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    By how much do you mean the maximum storage supported by the M.2 port? If that is what you are asking, there is no storage limit.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Grizzaphus
    ok i just assumed they had a max supported. So I can use the nvme for OS, m.2 sata for storage and the standard ssd for additional storage?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!

@Grizzaphus,

Below is the Storage Subsystem details and list of all compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)