My Acer TC-780 started crackling when I record over the net. Worked fine for first 4 months .

Natsmartnat5656
Natsmartnat5656 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
It worked great for the first 4 months then started the crackling. I had bought another just like it TC-780 because it worked so well. Now I have the same issue with both computers. No one at Acer seems to be able to help. When I use another computer its fine so I know its not my connection or Mic. 

Answers

• Can you specify your problem better? Have you tried changing the sampling rate in the sound settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Natsmartnat5656
    Try to uninstall the sound driver and restart the unit and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

When I record on a Karaoke site only when my voice is using the Mic it records with crackle.  If I record on say Windows memo its fine.  It just seems to be when its over the Net.

I have uninstalled the sound drivers. Didn't seem to help. 
    I will try the sampling rate in the sound settings. What's odd is I didn't change anything it just started happening. And on both computers about the same amount of time from when we bought them. 

• OK! decrease the sampling rate. Try also to update the notebook drivers with the driverbooster and post the result!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

They also walked me through a full re-install. Didn't seem to help.
  • Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Not sure how to update notebook drivers or where to find driverbooster.  Sorry...  I'm not super Teck but I maybe able to muttle through.  
  • Jack22
    edited February 2019
    @Natsmartnat5656
    Click on the below link to check for driver from Acer site and enter the serial number or the snid of your unit
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Thanks I will give it a whirl. 
  • Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

I see 13 drivers but no Notebook. I am trying the Audio Driver
  • Jack22
    I see 13 drivers but no Notebook. I am trying the Audio Driver
    Give a try sir
  • Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

I'll drive you crazy in no time...…  It downloaded to my down load folder. How do I get it to update the current driver?
  • Acer drivers are not usually updated! Download the driverbooster here: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#
    No need to install dashlane!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Updated 13 drivers...…  Hope that has an impact.
  • Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Grrrrr…  Didn't help. I just cant imagine what it is??? But it is. Popping only when using the Mic. When you pause, it's fine. Start to sing again and it returns. 
  • What version of windows 10 is installed and what is the karaoke site? In which browser do you record with the microphone?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Windows 10 Home 64 BIT   Singsnap    Both Google and Microsoft Edge
  • OK! Have you decreased the sampling rate here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Yes. It seemed to make the clicks louder. 
  • Do you know the exact date that the problem appeared? That way we can try to restore the notebook to an earlier date!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Natsmartnat5656

Tinkerer

Acer had me do a complete restore back to when it was new. So I think all that info was lost.