Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 driver update debacle

Options
AaronXReaper
AaronXReaper Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Do we have any prospect of getting a driver update for Rx 560X in acer nitro 5 AN515-42
still running radeon software 17.7 while 18.9 is out.
Tried contacting amd, they said that different laptop companies adopt differrnt optimization for their amd cards...
Should i be worried... performance is atrocious as of now

Best Answer

• AMyth
    AMyth Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    @AaronXReaper I have the same laptop, I've ran into no issues whatsoever. You need to force install the drivers for your Vega 8 graphics only. Since the Vega 8 and 560x are running in hybrid mode with Vega 8 as your primary.

Answers

• AMyth

Tinkerer

Options
    Those in particular. It will update both your Vega 8 and 560x graphics.
    You can use this video to help guide you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTVLjwyZTg

• AaronXReaper

Tinkerer

Options
    @AMyth....i tried force install....the rx 560 vanished and it identified as an radeon pro 460....
    All display settings changed..the task bar vanished...the brightness settings vanished and the screem was stuck at full brightness...and i couldn't turn off my laptop..till i ddu'ed and installed vga drivers
  • AMyth

Tinkerer

edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    @AaronXReaper I have the same laptop, I've ran into no issues whatsoever. You need to force install the drivers for your Vega 8 graphics only. Since the Vega 8 and 560x are running in hybrid mode with Vega 8 as your primary.
  • C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    But I have Ryzen 7 2700U Processor and Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics... what drivers? confusing
  • rogacz
    rogacz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    AMyth said:
    Those in particular. It will update both your Vega 8 and 560x graphics.
    You can use this video to help guide you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTVLjwyZTg

That drivers is for desktop, no laptop. they change firmware in graphic card....
  • AMyth

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Options
    That's why we have to force install them. AMD has yet to release up to date drivers specifically for their mobile line-up. Although, like I said before, there are no issues with using the desktop version for my Ryzen 5 2500u and RX 560x graphics. Actually force installing those drivers has enabled the ability to overclock my dGPU. So that's a bonus.

• AMyth

Tinkerer

Options
    The Ryzen 7 2700u is just an overclocked Ryzen 2500u with better Vega graphics. I still recommend force installing the drivers for Ryzen 5 2400G. It should work fine theoretically.

• AaronXReaper

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks...did u notice any improvement ilwith newer drivers

• Ironsight
    Ironsight Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I tried force install also rx560x is not showing anything on task manager , please help I tried unisuninstal driver and reinstalling also 
  • Ironsight
    Ironsight Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Ironsight said:
    On laptop I tried force install also rx560x is not showing anything on task manager , please help I tried unisuninstal driver and reinstalling also 

• rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    offical drivers for mobile gpu has been released by amd and the latest version is 19.x.x you can download offical mobile gpu drivers from here these are for ryzen 5 mobile cpu choose auto detect and install https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    also drivers for rx 560 x can be installed seprately
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    There is no driver debacle for the RX560x, you tried to force install instead of going to the AMD site and installing it in the official and correct way

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• CapTain_NiLoY
    CapTain_NiLoY Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options
    how can i update ACER NITRO AN515-42 AMD driver
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    how can i update ACER NITRO AN515-42 AMD driver
    @CapTain_NiLoY
    Please start a new Topic of your own for your question and I will give you the answer immediately, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★