Aspire E5-575G Power Issues

robogden55
robogden55 Member Posts: 6 New User
I purchased Aspire E5-575G from a friend and the unit no longer power on, I have removed the battery and have held the power button down for about 30 seconds and the plugged into the AC adapter but get nothing on the screen.  I have purchased another adapter and tried the same thing and does not work, confirmed the both adapters work and I am thinking it is either the system board or the ac plug that allows the laptop to charge on power on.  I just wanted to see what if anyone experienced this issue and to see if there was a part number for a replacement system board.  The unit was not dropped to my knowledge as it was in pristine condition and there was nothing spilled on it either.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    @robogden55
    You have almost done with possible troubleshooting steps which can be done. i guess its an hardware issue.
    request you so send the unit for service to check and to fix the problem.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • robogden55
    The issue is that it is no longer under warranty and not sure what the cost would be - would prefer to swap out the part myself.  Been in IT for 20 years and have worked on multiple vendors.
  • Jack22
    @robogden55
    So let me know what part you trying to replace. If possible i can get you the part numbers.

• robogden55
    I am thinking it may either be the system board or even the DC power jack.
  • Jack22
    edited February 2019
    @robogden55
    Sorry, I was not able to get the parts number 

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Is the LED charging indicator lighting up when you plug in the charger? If does light up, then the motherboard is receiving power, which means that the issue is more likely to be in the motherboard. Replacing the motherboard will be quite expensive, because both CPU and GPU are soldered and cannot be removed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   

• robogden55
    Thank you for the answer and there is no power what so ever and no lights on the system.  I ordered a DC Power Jack (8.00) and going to try to replace this and not sure why vendors solder cpu's and gpu's on laptop regardless if they are ultraportable.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    There are many reasons why they solder the components. A soldered CPU(BGA) has much lower profile, which makes it easier to design a cooler for it and also allows having a thinner device. Manufacturers don't want you to replace a component when it gets old or breaks, instead they would want you to purchase a new device. Your case is a good example: the motherboard has fried, but you have to replace everything that comes with it, which is going to make you pay more money or simply purchase a new device.

I have also heard that it is cheaper and easier to solder the components.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   

• haretz
    haretz Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

If none of the LEDs are lighting up including charging one, I'm pretty sure its the dumb chassis intrusion switch. I dunno what acer calls it but its the switch which trips when the laptop is unscrewed. The switch quality is so cheap that several people are facing this on many of Acer's laptops. I have a 575g 57d4 and faced the same issue. I was lucky it turned back on after a month of daily shaking lol. Go for servicing instead. According to people here, Acer removes the switch check or something.
  • robogden55
    Is it possible to remove the intrusion switch from the unit?
  • antxon
    antxon Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have had the same problem with my Acer E5-575G, but the LED charging indicator is lighting up. Probably a motherboard issue. I called technical support and they said that the cost to fix it would be $360 + taxes + shipping. I bought mine for a little over 500 and the repair cost is around 400. Not worth it. It is highly suspicious and outrageous that the warranty lasts one year and the laptop breaks down just after warranty expires. Mine was less than 2 years old. This goes beyond programmed obsolescence, it is a SCAM.

However, if anyone could tell me if there's a way to repair it somehow it would be great.
  • robogden55
    I concur and it is crazy and what gets me upset even more is that they solder the GPU and processor onto the system board, which makes replacing the system board almost because of the cost.  The average replacement system board which I have found on eBay has been anywhere from 160.00 to 300.00 making it cost prohibitive.  I have been in IT for 20 years and have replaced my fair share of system boards in laptops and pretty much they are straight forward.  I am under the impression that this model is considered a gaming laptop which other vendors allow you to swap out parts like processors and GPU's.  Again just venting.
  • vikashkrthakur
    vikashkrthakur Member Posts: 1 New User
    ACER E 15  E5-575-59FD.  Power button not working for start the laptop. pls help

• Damlof27
    Damlof27 Member Posts: 1 New User
    haretz said:
    If none of the LEDs are lighting up including charging one, I'm pretty sure its the dumb chassis intrusion switch. I dunno what acer calls it but its the switch which trips when the laptop is unscrewed. The switch quality is so cheap that several people are facing this on many of Acer's laptops. I have a 575g 57d4 and faced the same issue. I was lucky it turned back on after a month of daily shaking lol. Go for servicing instead. According to people here, Acer removes the switch check or something.
    Man, can you help me I have the same problem. I bought the pc 2 years ago and now it's obsolete. Please help.