M.2 SSD is not detected in uefi mode(an 515-51)

shah786
shah786 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have acer nitro 5 (an 515-51).I installed samsung m.2 860 evo sata ssd on my laptop.
But when i boot laptop, the ssd is not detected in uefi mode but it shows in legacy mode.     PLEASE HELP

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    When you select UEFI mode make sure that the SATA mode is set to AHCI. 

Do you have windows installed on this drive? By not detected do you mean it doesn't boot in windows when the BIOS is on UEFI or it isn't detected in BIOS at all?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• shah786
    I did a clean install of windows 10 on ssd and it works
  • Somebody123
    Somebody123 Member Posts: 6 New User
    shah786 said:
    I have acer nitro 5 (an 515-51).I installed samsung m.2 860 evo sata ssd on my laptop.
    But when i boot laptop, the ssd is not detected in uefi mode but it shows in legacy mode.     PLEASE HELP
    Hey could you tell me what steps did you take to fix it? Im having exactly the same problem - my SSD only showed up in legacy mode and after turning it back to UEFI I couldnt see it. Also I couldnt see it in windows harddrive manager.
  • shah786
    Firstly delete all partition and formate hdd and ssd then select ssd to install windows.this fixed my problem