Aspire TC-865 Remove front bezel

Richar
Richar Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I am having difficulty removing the plastic front bezel of my Aspire TC-865 case.  I get as far as unclipping three clasps that hold it in place.  From that point, the bezel swings down less that an inch before I encounter resistance.  Should I just muscle through the resistance?  I don't want to break it.

Best Answer

• Richar
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Billsey and Dodge.  Here is what eventually worked for me:
    1. First, turn on the computer, eject the optical disk carrier, and remove its exterior face piece by gently pulling the right edge outward while holding the left edge steady.  Set aside.
    2. Close the disk carrier drawer without its face piece, and turn off the computer.
    3. Proceed as in Dodge's video.  Lay the case left-side-up, unscrew and remove the left side panel, lift three tabs to unclip front bezel from metal frame.
    4. The bezel freely swings down and clears the faceless optical disk drive.
    In reverse, after the front bezel is reattached and clipped to the chassis, restore the face piece to the optical disk carrier drawer.

Answers

• 1937Dodge
    1937Dodge Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    I too want to remove the front of my TC 865.  Be great to see a video since there is no detailed user manual.
  • 1937Dodge
    Here's a video that may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCLXjrY7ofw
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Yeah, that video doesn't really match the TC-865. The key to getting the front bezel off is to remove the ODD first. The front bezel on the optical drive gets hung if you try to take the front of the computer off with it still in place.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Richar
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Billsey and Dodge.  Here is what eventually worked for me:
    1. First, turn on the computer, eject the optical disk carrier, and remove its exterior face piece by gently pulling the right edge outward while holding the left edge steady.  Set aside.
    2. Close the disk carrier drawer without its face piece, and turn off the computer.
    3. Proceed as in Dodge's video.  Lay the case left-side-up, unscrew and remove the left side panel, lift three tabs to unclip front bezel from metal frame.
    4. The bezel freely swings down and clears the faceless optical disk drive.
    In reverse, after the front bezel is reattached and clipped to the chassis, restore the face piece to the optical disk carrier drawer.
  • 1937Dodge
    Thanks for the tip!