Switch one 10 64 bit Windows 10. Tried to take onnership of windows.old but ended up here. See p

Options
Pcmike
Pcmike Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    What were you planning to do with old folder? What procedure did you use to try to do it?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pcmike
    Options
    Thanks J. 
    I think I'll try the USB with Microsoft and Rufus software to reinstall windows...
  • JackE
    Options
    May be better to try the ALT+F10 cold boot ACER-flavored Win10 recovery if you're not able to boot. Follow video below. The BIOS main tab D2D recovery option must be enabled. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Pcmike
    Options
    Although f10 doesn't work. System goes into (preparing auto repair then select account.
  • JackE
    edited February 2019
    Options
    >>>Although f10 doesn't work. >>>

It's ALT+F10. And the BIOS Main tab D2D option must be enabled for this to work. Enter the BIOS menu by tapping F2 immediately after turning the machine on. Don't wait for the ACER splashscreen to appear.  Then check that D2D is enabled. Then save settings and exit the BIOS menu. Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately try the ALT+F10 routine again. Don't wait for the ACER splash screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pcmike
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Alt f10 never worked. I did a USB update and I got windows back but no network and sound adapter. ..
    This is what I got in divide manage..
    Thanks J.
  • JackE
    Options
    Go here and enter your full ACER model number or serial number id (SNID) to download and try installing the network and sound adapters. http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers . If they don't work, you must check again that the D2D option is enabled in your BIOS main tab. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Pcmike
    Options
    check again that the D2D ??

I don't see this in bios...
    Thanks for your help
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Likely enabled by default. Try disabling secure boot in the BIOS security tab. Then try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset again. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Pcmike
    Options
    Ok . Cold reboot. .. how again..sorry
  • Pcmike
    Options
    Man... I feel so stupid. .. never had trouble installing drivers before. 
    I appreciate your help Jack
  • Pcmike
    Options
    I looked at your video and did the same but I just get a normal reboot.
  • JackE
    Options
    (1) Shut down again.
    (2) Turn the machine back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    (3)  In the Main tab, make sure the D2D option is enabled. Then press the F10 key to save settings and exit.
    (4) Then shut down once again.
    (5) Turn the machine back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key
    (6) The recovery screen should appear
    (7) Follow directions on the screen to a factory reset

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pcmike
    Options
    Thanks for all your help Jack.
    I'm giving up.
  • JackE
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Awww! See if you can disable secure boot in your BIOS. The ALT+F10 re-set should work if your HDD hasn't been totally fried or corrupted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ