Acer Nitro 5 an515-42 Randomly Freezing/Crashing

Options
BASEDGOD
BASEDGOD Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
So i bought the acer nitro 5 with the rx560x and ryzen 5 about 1 month ago and the laptop randomly freezes forcing me to shut off the laptop holding the power button
I work in this laptop, so i really need help about this issue or i'm gonna get screwed up while doing one of my projects
The only change that i do in the laptop was updating the bios to the 1.11 version, maybe this is the problem?

Help please

Answers

• Tyler301
    Tyler301 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I would try performing a clean install of windows 10 and just start from scratch, then re-download all the drivers after the OS is loaded back up.
  • zyx
    zyx Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    i also bought the same laptop december last year and until now i've got many problems when playing games including black screen, freeze while playing games and need to force shut down. all are up to date. so any idea how to solve the problem? 
  • Tiohery
    Tiohery Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had a same problem, randomly crashing (stuttering) and gave a sounds like that. After i checked it, the main problem is bad or corrupted software installed on the laptop (sometimes cz of viruses). My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 (ryzen 7). So, i solved the problem by reset the laptop, reset the windows then it worked finelly until today. No more stutter or lagging. So the main problem is that, dont forget to backup all files that you think its important. Hope it can help 👍