Acer A515-52G-54TS boot problems on NVMe SSD.

maciek75575
maciek75575 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I have problem while booting Windows 10 from SSD "ADATA XPD GAMMIX S5 256GB". Right after turning on, when Acer logo shows up, laptop reboots. Then it turns on but with different bugs like blinking screen or broken drivers. After reboot it usually turns on normally, and everything seems to be ok.

When Windows is installed on HDD, everything works fine and SSD can be used as data drive.

I tried to switch Fastboot in Windows, or install older version of system. I also tried to remove HDD during Windows installation but all with no effect.
In bios AHCI is set and Safeboot is off.

Regards

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It could be an issue with the SSD. Go to ADATA's website and check if you can update the firmware.
    https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• maciek75575
    Sorry for late reply.
    Unfortunately there is no firmware update available. I suspect that the ssd may be damaged.

If you have other ideas, please share.
  • ven98
    You can run CrystalDiskMark to check the speed of the SSD. If it is malfunctioning in some it likely be slower. Also download CrystalDiskInfo to check the SSD health.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• maciek75575
    I did some tests with CrystalDiskMark. Could you please look at them and say if something is wrong?

• ven98
    The SSD seems to be fine. Did you clone the windows onto the SSD or you installed it? 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• maciek75575
    I installed it from pendive created by Windows Media Creation Tool.

One thing I forgot to mention before, when OS is installed on SSD, sometimes bios gets stuck on exit and I had to shutdown it by holding power button.
  • ven98
    edited February 2019
    You can try installing the latest BIOS to see if that will help. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
    Make sure the battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger before running the installtion.

I assume you have the BIOS mode set to UEFI.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• maciek75575
    Yes, I have set UEFI mode. There is no other option available.

I tried updating BIOS and I did clean install on SSD but nothing changed.
  • sktang9966
    sktang9966 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,
    I have problem while booting Windows 10 from SSD "ADATA XPD GAMMIX S5 256GB". Right after turning on, when Acer logo shows up, laptop reboots. Then it turns on but with different bugs like blinking screen or broken drivers. After reboot it usually turns on normally, and everything seems to be ok.

When Windows is installed on HDD, everything works fine and SSD can be used as data drive.

I tried to switch Fastboot in Windows, or install older version of system. I also tried to remove HDD during Windows installation but all with no effect.
    In bios AHCI is set and Safeboot is off.

Regards
    Hi I managed to solve the problem by removed the HDD to another computer and did a full partitions wiped out, after that just fixed back to the Acer N.B and it boot up directly from the SSD. after boot successfully, you can re partition the HDD.
  • SAnsari
    SAnsari Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    Yes, I have set UEFI mode. There is no other option available.

I tried updating BIOS and I did clean install on SSD but nothing changed.
    So what finally, are you recommending to install NVMe m.2 ssd in acer aspire 5 A515-52G models? Please reply, many people will get benefited from you. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.