Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Add m.2 ssd, warranty status nitro 5 AN515-52

nitrocarbonbacknitrocarbonback Posts: 2Member New User
edited February 11 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I own a acer nitro 5 AN515-52. Just bought this year. I have a warranty sticker, cover one of the screw hole at the bottom case of my laptop. If I wanted to add m.2 ssd, I would need to remove the back case of my laptop. But based on my research somewhere around acer support (forgot where), if I go to the acer care center, they can do it for me, without risk of losing warranty, if I break the warranty sticker, if do it my own. Is that true? 

Best Answers

FAQ & Answers

• Jack22Jack22 Posts: 1,251Ally
    edited February 11 Accepted Answer
    @nitrocarbonback
    I dont think it will void the warranty . But Ii's better to check with the local Acer Customer Service .
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 9,774ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You should contact Acer Malaysia support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/highpoint-service-network
    Removing the warranty seal may violate your notebook warranty!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • KCLau2MYKCLau2MY Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

I own a acer nitro 5 AN515-52. Just bought this year. I have a warranty sticker, cover one of the screw hole at the bottom case of my laptop. If I wanted to add m.2 ssd, I would need to remove the back case of my laptop. But based on my research somewhere around acer support (forgot where), if I go to the acer care center, they can do it for me, without risk of losing warranty, if I break the warranty sticker, if do it my own. Is that true? 
    Last month , when i received this laptop in 1st day ,  i already removed the sticker carefully and paste it on a label baseline as below picture and store it .
    May be useful for future if need for warranty . :)

If no remove it , how do we open the bottom cover and install the M2 NVME SSD ? please ask Acer to provide a convenient cover design same as Ram/HDD to install the M2 then we will not remove this sticker , BTW i think this sticker will peal off after 1 year , 2 years later :p:+1:

• nitrocarbonbacknitrocarbonback Posts: 2Member New User
    KCLau2MY said:
    Last month , when i received this laptop in 1st day ,  i already removed the sticker carefully and paste it on a label baseline as below picture and store it .
    May be useful for future if need for warranty . :)

If no remove it , how do we open the bottom cover and install the M2 NVME SSD ? please ask Acer to provide a convenient cover design same as Ram/HDD to install the M2 then we will not remove this sticker , BTW i think this sticker will peal off after 1 year , 2 years later :p:+1:

Actually I already called them, they said, even the seal is broken, the warranty not broken. If there are any damage to the laptop, as long as the problem is not the motherboard, I would get the replacement. Btw, if motherboard broken, even accidently, throw the water at it, it still cannot be claim at warranty, even the seal is still intact.
    Thanks for the reply and pic man, I'm really appreciate it.