Need to replace a swollen battery so I need to know how to find in Switch Alpha 12 SA5-271

2»

Answers

• DinaZhunus
    DinaZhunus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello
    @Acer-Manny
    I have the same problem. Could you help me too

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited August 2020
    Hi DinaZhunus,

I am very sorry to see that you're experiencing this issue, i have sent you a private message requesting more information needed to better assist you.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • JGV
    JGV Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hello
    @Acer-Manny
  • user79356273
    user79356273 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi @Acer-Manny I have the same problem for over a year now.  I thought it was just the display glue.  Now it started to get worse and I realized something is expanding and of course now searching on google and I realized it's the battery.  Can you help me?  I also purchased at Costco Aug 2016. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    JGV said:
    Hello
    @Acer-Manny
    Hi @Acer-Manny I have the same problem for over a year now.  I thought it was just the display glue.  Now it started to get worse and I realized something is expanding and of course now searching on google and I realized it's the battery.  Can you help me?  I also purchased at Costco Aug 2016. 
    Hi user79356273 and JGV,

I am very sorry to see that you're experiencing this issue, i have sent you a private message requesting more information needed to better assist you.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • IPandCo
    IPandCo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all. Excatly have the same problem! What a shame. How Acer can help me?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    IPandCo said:
    Hi all. Excatly have the same problem! What a shame. How Acer can help me?
    Thank you for reaching out IPandCo, i have replied to your private message requesting more information to better assist.

Acer-Manny
  • Langley
    Langley Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi All, 
    I had the same thing with battery swollen and the screen pop-up. Because of the concern of the dangerous of the battery leaking, I removed the battery and intend to order new battery. However, when I plug in the cable, the blue light is only on for about 10 sec and dead. I also couldn't turn on this laptop while charging. Is it mean this Acer Switch 12 really dead, or is it just because no battery install? 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    It needs to have the battery installed to turn on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Redmun
    Redmun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi i too am experiencing the same battery swelling. I really like the acer switch... is there any fix?
  • KyleM
    KyleM Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I too am experiencing a swollen battery.  Oddly enough mine seems to be pushing the back out and not yet the screen.  Any risk of fire or explosion with this?

Oddly I have two Switch Alpha 12's and the other seems to be ok.  I did purchase that one second hand however so no knowing what may have been done previously.

@Acer-Manny I have sent you my serial number.
  • tomaszek
    tomaszek Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problem here with the same model - the display started to popup and cracked although i was very carefull about my laptop, this is serious manufacturing defect that is happening, my laptop is out of warranty but its bad quality by Acer. Is there anything i could do? 
  • tomaszek
    tomaszek Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the same problem. My battery got swallen and digitizer cracked.

Can you help me with this? It is a bad quality of product so i guess it should be managed

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

My guess is that due to the age of the system they are unlikely to provide financial help in the repair, especially since it went far enough to crack the display. The Switch Alpha 12 came out in 2016, over six years ago.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.