Are these safe temperatures for my Acer Aspire e5? Aspire e5-576g

SycoXtreme
SycoXtreme Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just bought my Acer Aspire e5-576g last week. When I am gaming I am getting CPU temps of 90 - 98c. I am gaming on a flat table and its cool in the house. So are these temps normal and ok?

To combat these temps ive already throttled back the CPU to operate at 80% its power, which honestly hasn't hurt my gaming, and I've also put the cooling system to passive instead of active. Now my temps are staying in the low 80c's when gaming. Like I said im noticing no drop in performance and my frames have only gone down a couple points by doing this. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night SycoXtreme Po!

I need to know the exact model of your laptop to set processor and video and know how to tell the safe temperatures and ideas for your system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• SycoXtreme
    SycoXtreme Member Posts: 7 New User
    e5-576g-5762
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The maximum safe temperatures for your laptop's hardware are:

Core ™ i5-8250U Processor: TJunction 100°C
    GeForce MX150 Video Card: 96ºC

I think the ideal would be to use a cooling base with active coolers.
    Helps a lot.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!