aspire a315-41g-r4bw hardware upgrade

Options
salbabida
salbabida Member Posts: 2 New User
I'm thinking of maxing out the upgradeable options available for the said unit. I would like to ask your opinion though about this.

what should be the specs for the memory module? would appreciate more if you could provide the model and make. the quoted price to me on the center is awkwardly expensive, can't remember if it was hymax or something, it was a korean brand but the quote was like 1/3 of the laptop cost just for 1x8GB, labor excluded. if i learned it right, the max memory than can be installed is @ 16GB, 8GB each slot. However, memcards have certain specs like frequency and so on. as anyone would be looking for to, im after affordability as well as durability, but more of the latter.

as for ssd card, will any disk space go? or is there limitation? any spec that i should look for? physical size (m2, m2.5)? it has its discrete slot, separate from the pre-existing 1TB hdd right? the quote was more than the memcard aforementioned just for 128GB size. don't want to sound cheap but it's just a no-bargain for me. again, model and make suggestions that matches the laptop's requirements are appreciated. 

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @salbabida

Your laptop Acer Aspire A315-41G-R4BW comes with 4GB RAM. Below is the RAM specs and upgrade details. 

Below is the list of compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer for your laptop. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @salbabida

Your laptop Acer Aspire A315-41G-R4BW comes with 4GB RAM. Below is the RAM specs and upgrade details. 

Below is the list of compatible SSD's officially recommended by Acer for your laptop. 

• salbabida
    salbabida Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

is there a discrete slot that i could slide it into or i need to replace it with my current hd?
  • Balatekie
    Options
    salbabida said:

is there a discrete slot that i could slide it into or i need to replace it with my current hd?
    Hi @sa@salbabida

• Marby
    Marby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    By “officially recommended” do you mean that I can use a different ssd than what is stated on the papers? And can I also place a higher capacity ssd? I’m planning to replace my HDD so im going to get a high volume if possible. I also know about M.2 slot on the board, but how much volume can it take?
  • zodiac_leo
    zodiac_leo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Balatekie said:
    salbabida said:

Hi @sa@salbabida

Balatekie said:
    salbabida said:

Hi @sa@salbabida

• zodiac_leo
    zodiac_leo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Im planning to buy a samsung evo 970 plus nvme m.2 sad module. Is it compatible with acer aspire 3 a315-41g ?
  • jack256210
    jack256210 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is the CPU upgradable??
  • AspireKristan
    AspireKristan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Balatekie said:
    Hi @salbabida

Can't find a 2400 mhz in the market does my mobo supports 2666mhz?