What external DVD R/W to buy

Oldman_Xan
Oldman_Xan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
What external DVD R/W drives are compatable with my ACER ASPIRE E 17 (E5-772G-52Q7)

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    @Oldman_Xan
    You can install any 8x dvd-super multi double-layer drive.
    There are different brand available in the market you can buy according to your wish.
    Like Panasonic or any other DVD R/W

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Oldman_Xan
    Oldman_Xan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Actually, I have read comments on Amazon how the DVD R/W drives that people buy do not work on their systems for one reason or another so what I want is ACER to tell me WHAT DVD R/W drives they have tested and certify to work on the model laptop I bought from ACER.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Acer will not have any that they have tested and certified to run, since they don't offer an external drive as an option in their store. Typically if there is going to be a problem it's because the laptop doesn't give enough power to both run the ODD motor and use the laser. If you buy an external ODD that has it's own power supply that should not be an issue. Your model has a couple of USB 3.0 ports, so speed won't be an issue for you either. I gather the SKU you purchased didn't have the ODD built in?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.