It is network related issue, i m not sure whether it the right place to ask but i ll try

azzaamekkeri
azzaamekkeri Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer Aspire 7
A715-71g

Hello

Since last few months my net keeps crashing when i open softwares like discord, some steam and origin games.It is really weird and hard to explain.
I complained to my ISP many times but everytime they failed to fix and said it is an error from my side. It only crashes when i connect my laptop otherwise it is fine.
Sometimes it works fine when my laptop is connected too but its hard to tell when it will go next, once it starts crashing it will keep crashing within 5 mins of restarting the wifi.
I tried resetting my network setting and even did fresh install of windows the problem still seems to continue. I would really appriciate if anyone has any idea what the issue is or how to resolve it.

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @azzaamekkeri

Hi, Most of the routers have option to set limitations to number of devices ( Ex: Allowing internet for 5 devices or 10 devices etc..) Check the settings and update the highest number. 

2nd thing make sure there not many electronic devices in the same room. This would cause networks to get disconnected. 

Make sure to update the network adapters. Also, access network properties and check for power management tab and uncheck the option that says "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power". 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @azzaamekkeri

Hi, Most of the routers have option to set limitations to number of devices ( Ex: Allowing internet for 5 devices or 10 devices etc..) Check the settings and update the highest number. 

2nd thing make sure there not many electronic devices in the same room. This would cause networks to get disconnected. 

Make sure to update the network adapters. Also, access network properties and check for power management tab and uncheck the option that says "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power". 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer