Touch Screen Driver problem in AO 10 SW110-1CT

Sinha
Sinha Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 2019 in Switch Series
My touch screen driver was corrupted. But, I couldn't find the driver at Acer website - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7790?b=1 as suggested by Acer Support.
So, I downloaded & installed driver from Microsoft Update Catalog - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. But, touch response was not correct/proper on the screen. So, I contacted Microsoft support and I was told that driver is specific to the device and only manufacturer could provide the correct driver.
The relevant details are as follows :
The relevant details of the driver is as follows :-
VENDOR              = "Sileadinc.com" 
SileadTouch         = "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device"

Product Model : SW110-1CT

Pl. help.  

Best Answer

• aquib
    aquib Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    i was having the same problem with my  Acer One 10 SW110-1CT after installing a fresh copy of windows 10 but and after trying atleast 20 different versions of silead touch driver i found on different websites like intel and acer and few others as well but none of them worked. finally a few minutes before i wrote this i found a backup of drivers which this device came with. i have attached the driver with this post, i am not sure about 64bit users but this will definitely gonna work for 32bit/86 users. also make sure before instslling this driver you uninstall and delete the previous driver (if installed) from device manager.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @Sinha

Try installing the chipset drivers from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7790?b=1 

these chipset drivers has the coded file for touchscreen. Once installation is done restart the device and check.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    @Sinha

Try installing the chipset drivers from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7790?b=1 

these chipset drivers has the coded file for touchscreen. Once installation is done restart the device and check.
    Thanks for the reply.

On installing chipset driver, the system is continuously generating error message in cmd 
    Adding the driver package failed : Invalid INF passed as parameter

And, after the restart,  the touch response is still incorrect. :( 
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Sinha said:
    Rudy21 said:
    @Sinha

Thanks for the reply.

On installing chipset driver, the system is continuously generating error message in cmd 

How did you install these drivers.. have you extracted the folder and clicked on setup file to install or any other procedure..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    You may have to remove the Microsoft driver before the install of Acer's driver will work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    Sinha said:
    Rudy21 said:
    @Sinha

Thanks for the reply.

How did you install these drivers.. have you extracted the folder and clicked on setup file to install or any other procedure..
    Yes, extracted all files. Then run 'install.bat' as Administrator. But, still getting the error message.
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    You may have to remove the Microsoft driver before the install of Acer's driver will work.
    Yes, Previous driver was uninstalled before installation of Acer driver.
  • billsey
    The chipset driver I see from that link is Chipset_Intel_604.15063.3023.59921_W10x64_A.zip. When I extract the zip file I see two setup files in separate directories and no install.bat file. What driver are you trying to install?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    The chipset driver I see from that link is Chipset_Intel_604.15063.3023.59921_W10x64_A.zip. When I extract the zip file I see two setup files in separate directories and no install.bat file. What driver are you trying to install?

It is present in Win32 [Chipset_Intel_604.15063.3023.59921_W10x32.zip] version.
  • billsey
    Ah, that explains it, x64 vs. x32. Are you running the 32bit or 64bit version of Windows? If you are running 64bit you need to download the other drivers, if you are running 32bit then launch a command prompt with administrator rights, then CD to the folder containing the drivers and run the batch file from there. It will echo to the screen each piece it installs and we'll be able to see where it fails.
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Ah, that explains it, x64 vs. x32. Are you running the 32bit or 64bit version of Windows? If you are running 64bit you need to download the other drivers, if you are running 32bit then launch a command prompt with administrator rights, then CD to the folder containing the drivers and run the batch file from there. It will echo to the screen each piece it installs and we'll be able to see where it fails.
    I have followed the same procedure, still getting the error message :(
  • billsey
    edited February 2019
    As the script runs it echos to the cmd window the step it's taking. Does yours not show anything? Even the first driver to install should show the echoed text. Are you positive you are running 32bit Windows instead of 64bit? You could try just installing the touch driver from that package. Navigate to the Touch\silead folder after extracting the zip file, then right click on the SileadTouch.inf file and choose install.

• Sinha

Tinkerer

Screenshot attached after using 'install.bat'.
    I have also tried to install individual driver(s) using '.inf' files. But, even after system restart, the problem is same.

p.s.  - Sorry for delay in giving reply. 
  • billsey
    So the failure is with the iauarte.inf and iaspie.inf files. Try editing the .bat file and remove those lines to verify the rest install. Once you know the rest are good we'll try to determine what's wrong with those.
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    The problem is with multiple drivers and not only with single driver (iauarte.inf) which is visible after screen scroll. So, even after removing this folder from 'install.bat', the issue is unresolved.
  • aakashzxv1
    aakashzxv1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited September 2019
    Sinha said:
    My touch screen driver was corrupted. But, I couldn't find the driver at Acer website - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7790?b=1 as suggested by Acer Support.
    So, I downloaded & installed driver from Microsoft Update Catalog - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. But, touch response was not correct/proper on the screen. So, I contacted Microsoft support and I was told that driver is specific to the device and only manufacturer could provide the correct driver.
    The relevant details are as follows :
    The relevant details of the driver is as follows :-
    VENDOR              = "Sileadinc.com" 
    SileadTouch         = "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device"

Product Model : SW110-1CT

Pl. help.  

has anyone solved this issue? i tried finding the solution since 2 days but no help
  • aakashzxv1
    so at last i had to give up and contact acer support for which they took my tablet with them and fresh installed windows with the proper drivers. and finally my tablet touch worked. but the technicians purposely deleted the drivers folder from which they installed the drivers. i managed to check out the path from which they had installed the driver for silead touch--

C:\Users\Acer\Desktop\Acer tablet  sw110 iso and all Drivers\Acer tablet  sw110 Touch and sound Driver\SileadTouch_Emdoor_DiXian_I8811_3680_landscape_32bit_20161104_Wangshu

this was the driver which they installed but i couldnt find it anywhere.
     i am attaching the silead touch driver directly from my windows driver directory which is currently installed and working properly. if anyone wants to try it then please check it tell if it works or not.
  • nitin9411166
    nitin9411166 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hye akash I am facing same problem. Please suggest how can I figure this out easily? 
  • aquib
    aquib Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    i was having the same problem with my  Acer One 10 SW110-1CT after installing a fresh copy of windows 10 but and after trying atleast 20 different versions of silead touch driver i found on different websites like intel and acer and few others as well but none of them worked. finally a few minutes before i wrote this i found a backup of drivers which this device came with. i have attached the driver with this post, i am not sure about 64bit users but this will definitely gonna work for 32bit/86 users. also make sure before instslling this driver you uninstall and delete the previous driver (if installed) from device manager.
  • aakashzxv1
    aquib said:
    thankyou so much it worked!. I bymistakenly uploaded the wrong driver file and formatted my windows thining that I had driver for it. but it didn't worked. now I have tried your driver and it worked
  • Sinha

Tinkerer

aquib said:
    Thanks a lot!

p.s. - Sorry for the delayed response.