The battery duration of the Acer Aspire E15 isnt 12 nor 10 hours.

Options
patrickfeeney
patrickfeeney Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
The problem is that my Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G-5762 doesnt last as long as the Acer team says. Yesterday I watched 2:30h of videos and today 1h and the battery is already dead. Why my battery dies so fast. I am very worried about this. Is this normal?
Other thing, I want to know if I can edit the properties of each energy level (like the battery saver or the high performance). Like, I want to personalize it to have more performance or battery life. Is it possible? The only thing I found only affected the configuration of the battery when I had the connector unplugged. But it doesnt specified in which energy "level" (energy saver or high performance).
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,603 Trailblazer
    Options
    Battery life is highly variable depending on the number of background processes like antimalware, gpu usage for videos, sounds, how many programs you've opened (web browser, email program, word processor, etc). To get the longest life possible during a session, is to set your power plan to power saver and to shut the screen off after a shorter period of inactivity --- the screen  is probably one of the biggest power users and watching videos and playing animated games even more power hungry. The 10-12 hour times are an extreme estimate based on the screen being off and the computer in sleep mode for significant periods of time during that 10-12 hour period. It's entirely reasonable to expect the battery won't last more than an hour or two continuous watching of videos or playing games. It needs to be plugged in if you're going to use the system continuously watching videos like this without a break. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    Options
    Ok, so I have been lied. There is a sticker on my laptop that says 12 hours long battery live. Its pretty sad acer haves to do that so people buy their laptops (at least they have good performance for price).
  • patrickfeeney
    Options
    Thanks for responding!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,603 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Ok, so I have been lied. >>>

No. It depends on how the laptop is used. Constant heavy GPU use for videos & gaming definitely takes power and discharges the battery faster than occasional surfing, using office programs or low power apps. Also new batteries typically improve after a few charging cycles. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• roshanamin
    roshanamin Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
     I echo what Patrick says and I have the same system. I am aware what Jack mentions but still to get barely 2.5/3.5 hours instead of the claimed 12 hours is a misleading marketing move. We obviously are buying the laptop for standby times.