Need urgent help

adhiraj29
adhiraj29 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
 I have Acer Aspire V3-574G Notebook with "InsydeH20 BIOS". I need urgent help to know the steps invoved to  format my aforesaid laptop via usb in details. I tried to boot via usb but it is not booting  so I have the confusion that:-
1. Whether to disable Secure Boot or not? and how to Disable or Enable  Secure Boot regarding that  I need guidance in details.
2. Whether i should choose the Legacy mode or not in the Boot Mode? I tried to choose Legacy option but at the time of choosing the same, it was showing that " Microsoft recommends to keep UEFI mode in Windows 8 and Higher Version". So I am confused.
             So requesting you to provide the detailed steps those are involved in the operation in order to get rid of my confusion as soon as possible.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You need to create supervisor password to unlock the secure boot setting.

What is the reason for wanting to set BIOS to legacy?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You need to create supervisor password to unlock the secure boot setting.

What is the reason for wanting to set BIOS to legacy?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!