Bios Update and backlit keyboard Acer nitro 5

Options
davisson1123
davisson1123 Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
after Bios update the backlit keyboard started to turn off every 30 seconds like how its programmed to do on battery but the pc is connected , will it get  fixed or ill just got to wait for an new bios update (if so how long must i wait) since i use the pc for work and studying and once i got to stop to read and it turns off i got to press some button to turn it back on over and over and over again wich is really annoying. or can bios be rolled back.

Best Answers

• AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It depends who you speak to at Acer as to whether it's treated as a bug or not. One of the reps on this forum claims it's how it is supposed to be but has said they have passed it to the development team to sort in the next BIOS revision. Their technical department is still asking me to send my laptop in for them to look at, so they clearly believe it's a bug rather than a feature.

You can roll back to a previous BIOS, I'll find you the instructions if you want :)
  • AMDKilla
    Answer ✓
    Options
    AMDKilla said:
    It depends who you speak to at Acer as to whether it's treated as a bug or not. One of the reps on this forum claims it's how it is supposed to be but has said they have passed it to the development team to sort in the next BIOS revision. Their technical department is still asking me to send my laptop in for them to look at, so they clearly believe it's a bug rather than a feature.

You can roll back to a previous BIOS, I'll find you the instructions if you want :)
    please and thanks
    I successfully downgraded using the Windows based Flash Utility. You have to run the installer for the version you want, and let it get to the error about the BIOS being newer than the flash file. Keep the program open and browse to your User\Appdata\Local\Temp folder. There will be a folder called something similar to "7zS1A52.tmp" that contains a program called H20FFT-W. Copy this folder somewhere else, and then edit the Platform.ini Use CTRL+F to search for "flag=2". You are looking for the one under [Bios_Version_Check] Change this 2 to a 0 and save. You can then run the H2OFFT-W program and it will flash that version to your BIOS. REMEMBER, THIS HAS THE ABILITY TO RENDER YOUR LAPTOP AN EXPENSIVE PAPERWEIGHT!!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    after Bios update the backlit keyboard started to turn off every 30 seconds like how its programmed to do on battery but the pc is connected , will it get  fixed or ill just got to wait for an new bios update (if so how long must i wait) since i use the pc for work and studying and once i got to stop to read and it turns off i got to press some button to turn it back on over and over and over again wich is really annoying. or can bios be rolled back.
    Hi there were few concerns raised on the given issue.. keep checking for latest updates as acer would not take long to get this thing done.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • AMDKilla
    Answer ✓
    Options

• davisson1123
    davisson1123 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    AMDKilla said:

please and thanks
  • AMDKilla
    Answer ✓
    Options
    AMDKilla said:

please and thanks
    I successfully downgraded using the Windows based Flash Utility. You have to run the installer for the version you want, and let it get to the error about the BIOS being newer than the flash file. Keep the program open and browse to your User\Appdata\Local\Temp folder. There will be a folder called something similar to "7zS1A52.tmp" that contains a program called H20FFT-W. Copy this folder somewhere else, and then edit the Platform.ini Use CTRL+F to search for "flag=2". You are looking for the one under [Bios_Version_Check] Change this 2 to a 0 and save. You can then run the H2OFFT-W program and it will flash that version to your BIOS. REMEMBER, THIS HAS THE ABILITY TO RENDER YOUR LAPTOP AN EXPENSIVE PAPERWEIGHT!!