"Bad pool header" error due to NVIDIA driver. swift 3 SF315 51G

Abhishek19
Abhishek19 Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer swift 3 SF315 51G which came with linux, and I installed genuine windows 10 on it and did all the updates and updated all the drivers but I have been getting  frequent BSOD'S and the error is "Bad pool header". It used to work fine until I updated the latest windows update. I get it more often when I try to open task manager. The who crashed report says that NVIDIA driver is culprit here. I already tried uninstalling NVIDIA driver in safe mode but it still happens after a day when I fresh install the driver again from Acer website. So, I disabled the nvidia driver and now there is no BSOD.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try uninstalling, not just disabling, any non-Microsoft anti-virus or anti-malware apps. Also, disable fast startup in Control Panel's power button options.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Abhishek19
    Abhishek19 Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    Try uninstalling, not just disabling, any non-Microsoft anti-virus or anti-malware apps. Also, disable fast startup in Control Panel's power button options.  Jack E/NJ
    I've no antivirus programs other than windows defender in my pc. However, I haven't tried disabling fast startup.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Restore the system from the latest automatic Win10 update restore point that caused the problems. Wait till a future automatic Win10 update seems to fix the issue. If it happens again, we can try to temporarily block the offending update. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ