Acer Aspire VX 15 additional SSD install.(Acer Aspire VX 15 )

KaroX
KaroX Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone, I have Acer Aspire VX 15 with 256GB ssd m2. I want to add another SSD SATA 3 2.5" which I bought. Can anybody help me out with the procedure, also will warranty be void? I bought Kingston A400 480gb SSD and used it with external rack(usb 3.1) but I experienced discconnections almost every 5 minutes , so I assume the usb ports dont have enough voltage to run an external SSD. Thanks in advance :) 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited February 2019
    KaroX

Acer offers a hard drive mounting kit that is designed to secure a 2.5" Drive (HDD or SSD) within the additional Hard Drive bay of Aspire VX5-591G laptops. This kit allows for installation of a 2.5" drive that is 7 or 9.5 millimeters thick. Please contact Acer  customer service in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ for additional support to inquire about warranty void & ordering a hard drive kit for your product.

Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.

1. Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.

2. Place the laptop on the surface face-up and open the lid. Push the hinge cap firmly outwards to release it from the upper case.

3. Close the lid and lift the hinge cap up to remove it.

4. Turn the system over and remove the fourteen screws from the lower case.

5. Detach the top side corner latches of the lower case.

6. Continue detaching the top center latches of the lower case.

7. Detach the left and right side latches of the lower case.

8. Slide to release the lower case and then remove it from the system.

9. Use four screws secure the drive you are installing to the hard drive bracket as shown in the image below.

10. Connect the SATA cable from the hard drive installation kit to the drive you are installing.

11. Connect the hard drive mounting bracket to the mainboard using four screws.

12. Connect the SATA cable to the mainboard as shown in the image below.

13. Reinstall the lower case and hinge cap to complete the installation.

Note: The system will not function on battery until the lower case is fully reinstalled and screwed into place.
    SOURCE: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46306

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)