My mouse is not working! Aspire 15

VF
VF Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello! I am not a tech savvy person. The mouse on my Aspire 15 Touch just stopped working. The little arrow goes around but when you click it just makes a sound and does nothing. This happens with the mouse pad, the touch screen and an external mouse.
what should I do?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon VF  !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Did you update the drivers?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @VF,

Try to reinstall the pointing devices driver in device manager. follow the steps below.
    1. Open the Device Manager by holding down the Windows Key and pressing the X Key on your keyboard. ...
    2. Once the Device Manager is opened it will populate a list of devices installed on your system. ...
    3. Once the arrow has been expanded, right-click on the specific driver that you want to reinstall and then choose Uninstall. Restart the computer.

Image result for mouse drivers
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • VF
    VF Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you very much! I ended up bringing it to a Staples. It works now. Thanks