Dont know when I have caps activated.(E5-576G-5762.)

patrickfeeney
patrickfeeney Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!
I reinstalled windows for a lot of reasons, enter my profile if you want to know why. The problem right now is that before I reinstalled windows it showed up in the middle of the screen a symbol of caps or lower case. But now it doesnt shows up. Also the num lock and all the other stuff dont show and I dont know what is activated. Someone can help me? 
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @patrickfeeney
    Please check if the keyboard is working or not. If the keyboard is not working , please try the following steps
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    Hi!
    I reinstalled windows for a lot of reasons, enter my profile if you want to know why. The problem right now is that before I reinstalled windows it showed up in the middle of the screen a symbol of caps or lower case. But now it doesnt shows up. Also the num lock and all the other stuff dont show and I dont know what is activated. Someone can help me? 
    Thanks in advance.
    May i have the model number of your unit?

• patrickfeeney
    The model is the E5-576G-5762.
    The mayusc button works, and all the other keys do so. LIKE IM NOW TYPING WITH THE CAPS ACTIVATED, but the only way of knowing if its on is to type. Because it doesnt has a light on the key, a symbol appeared on the screen with an A in caps. But after reinstalling a fresh instalation of windows, it doesnt appears, but the keyboard works. Its pretty annoying because I will use this laptop at the school and I am going to type a lot.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    patrickfeeney>>> But after reinstalling a fresh instalation of window>>>

You are probably missing the ACER Quick Access application with the CapsLock screen notification symbol  if you didn't fresh install the ACER version of Windows. You can download and install ACER Quick Access app from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    Cant download that, gives error.
  • patrickfeeney
    Well idk how but it worked! I love u Jack! You are the best! <3
    pd: probably i'll ask something later lol