SN ID and Serial Number Finding Problem(Acer F5-573-37X)

salehakram
salehakram Member Posts: 73 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Few month ago my laptop had sound problem. then am went to Acer customer care and fix it. my laptop have still 8 month warranty. but after servicing my laptop not showing SN ID or Serial Number. its showing blank when am trying to detect SN ID or serial number with auto  detector tools. My Laptop Model Acer F5-573-37XJ. i know my Laptop Sn id and serial number from back side of laptop but now why my laptop not showing with acer care center or any other tools?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,765 Trailblazer
    Press the WINkey+Rkey. Enter 'cmd'. At the the command prompt, enter 'wmic bios get serialnumber'. The result should be the serial number id (SNID) that's on the back side. If not, your mainboard was probably replaced with a new one. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• salehakram
    salehakram Member Posts: 73 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited February 2019
    This preview showing. maybe motherboard replaced :anguished: can you please tell me what it means by Jack E/NJ?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,765 Trailblazer
    Yes, ACER service probably replaced a bad mainboard. However, it should be OK. If you need more warranty repair in next 8 months then use the same SNID that is on the back side of the laptop. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ