Hdr and freesync XZ321QU

Waco2005
Waco2005 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
Hi do anyone know IF the XZ321QU can be rundning freesync and hdr at the same time if yes how do i do?

Answers

• onthebackwheel
    onthebackwheel Member Posts: 3 New User
    I just bought this screen and I'm curious about this too. Seems to be so far that you can only have one or the other enabled.
  • SAM326
    SAM326 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently purchased the same model and had the same question. It appears that it either one or the other. 
    Also for some reason the colors looks extremely washed on certain games with HDR off so its almost a must to have HDR on. 
  • nikitos569
    nikitos569 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

No, this monitor does not support Freesync 2 (HDR and FreeSync at the same time). For a list of monitors that support Freesync 2, go to https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors and in the column filter "FREESYNC 2" choose "Yes".
  • Yevgeny
    Yevgeny Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yet when I enable HDR and confirm in windows and within games that it is enabled, the FreeSync option is NOT greyed out so when I go ahead and enable FreeSync at the same time as HDR they seem to both work just fine simultaneously. I have 2 of these monitors (XZ321QU) and they both behave this way, while playing games I have monitored the refresh rate and the FPS - they remain in sync and fluctuating between 48 and 144 while HDR is enabled and working. 
    This surprises me since I'm aware that these monitors are NOT FreeSync 2. Possibly it's working because this monitor only implements a low level version of HDR? Either way it dramatically improves the visuals in games that support it.