New Predator G3-710-ER13 Sleep Mode Issue

Options
SexyPanther
SexyPanther Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello everybody! I just bought a new Acer Predator desktop on the 28th of January. I've since had the system around a week and it works fine with one exception. When I put the computer into sleep mode (I only do this through clicking on the on-screen option and not by pressing a button on the case) it works fine for a short while (roughly 1-2 hours), with the power button blinking red as it should, but when I leave and return hours later, the computer seems to have shut itself off (the red button is no longer blinking, and no button presses "wakes" the computer up). Pressing the power button on the case starts the computer up perfectly fine, but I'm a bit nervous there may be something wrong with the system. The computer came pre-installed with Windows 10, which I am still getting used to. I've google searched this issue a bit, but cannot find any conclusive answers or any "fix" that remedies the problem for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. For the record, I have not tried the "hibernate" mode to see if I get the same result. I also haven't tried to test whether or not the computer putting itself into sleep mode eventually turns the computer off too.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Under Power & Sleep Settings go to Additional power settings. From there select Change Advanced Power Settings, the Sleep. There is likely a Hibernate After that is set to a larger value than the normal Sleep. The thought is that if you're going to leave it long enough you might as well stop using the sleep mode power and shut it all the way down, it doesn't take all that long to restore from a hibernate.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Under Power & Sleep Settings go to Additional power settings. From there select Change Advanced Power Settings, the Sleep. There is likely a Hibernate After that is set to a larger value than the normal Sleep. The thought is that if you're going to leave it long enough you might as well stop using the sleep mode power and shut it all the way down, it doesn't take all that long to restore from a hibernate.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.