Upgrade Options + BSOD Question - AN515-41

Triborn_RPG
Triborn_RPG Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi folks,
Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on a problem im having. I am randomly getting BSOD's and the information I can gather is beyond vague. Ive ran Intels CPU diag tool which is throwing 3 fails, 2 of which regarding the brand and 1 which is cpu frequency. I have ran some stress tests on both the CPU and the GPU with nothing remarkable happening. So im somewhat at a loss to what could be causing this. I have done a clean install of windows, updated to latest drivers and downgraded to earlier versions with the same issue. Also, when im trying to move the cursor with the arrow keys its painfully slow taking 1 - 2 seconds per space so im guessing thats related too.

Also does anyone know off hand if you can upgrade the CPU in this model should it be faulty?

Thank you all in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    >>>I have done a clean install of windows,>>>

What do you mean by clean install? Was it an ACER flavored Win10 reset which'll rule in or rule out a hardware issue? Or was it a Microsoft generic Win10 clean installation which will tell you little or nothing? No, the CPU is soldered to the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triborn_RPG
    Triborn_RPG Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have done both versions of the install with the same result :/
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Blocking internet access, how soon after the ACER Win10 re-install does the BSODs seem to happen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ