Acer V203HV Monitor wont display Menu & no buttons work

Options
pacogio
pacogio Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Monitors

I have had a Acer V203HV stored in my closet for a number of years. Taking it out to connect to a new system, it failed to display anything. In order to test it, I applied only mains(120V) power and powered on. The following occurred:   

pushed on power button, it powered-up (blue power light on), the Acer logo appears and clears, then "No Cable Connected" appears and moves around the display.

with a VGA cable connected (other end open) the same as above occurs.

with the same VGA cable ALSO connected to my working Windows laptop, the same steps as above, but then "No Signal" is displayed (words in blue box), but after about 3 seconds the screen goes to black, and the monitor sleeps(?) (power light changes blue to amber)!!

The mystery in all cases is that no amount of mashing or holding any button ('e', auto, menu, <, >) causes anything to be displayed! That is, none of the buttons has any affect except for power.

The monitor is old, circa 2010, however it has only been sitting in storage for years. It was fine when packed away and was used only lightly beforehand (when new).

What causes this display to sleep (assuming that is the case) and why do none of the buttons have an affect including displaying the menu?

-----

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's possible the system is trying to display a format the monitor does not support. Your monitor supports 1600x900 IIRC And the system may be trying to display 1920x1080 or some such. That would give you those symptoms, where it starts up, sees a computer on VGA, then waits a bit and goes to sleep.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Credet
    Credet Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    It's possible the system is trying to display a format the monitor does not support. Your monitor supports 1600x900 IIRC And the system may be trying to display 1920x1080 or some such. That would give you those symptoms, where it starts up, sees a computer on VGA, then waits a bit and goes to sleep.
    yea but how i can do it to 1600x900 can you help me because my buttons dont workin only power button
  • h203hmonitor
    h203hmonitor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

im having this problem with an h203h that my uncle had any help yet

• Ss626362
    Ss626362 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

HI Guys, I have exact issue with my acer monitor. Any help?