Extremely slow wifi on my brand new Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G

Options
Plipp
Plipp Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi folks, 
i just got my new Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G with Intel Wireless Dual Band AC-7265 wifi card, and immediately notice extremely slow wifi speeds compared to my 7 year old computer and also to my other Acer, a new Swift 5 that gets much higher speeds from my router. The Swift 5 has a newer wireless network card, an Intel Wireless-AC 9560. I have read that people seem to notice better speeds when turning off Bluetooth, so I tried that and it does seem to get slightly faster, however it is still extremely slow. I am talking 0,3-1,5 Mbit/sec on a 100Mbit fiber line on which I usually get at least 50-70 Mbit/sec. Also, it looses connection to the router all the time.

I have the latest wifi drivers (19.51.10.1) so I have no idea what to do next.

Please advice.

Best
V

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Plipp
    1. Try to install the updated network driver
    2. Check is there any firewall or anti virus is causing it

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Plipp
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @Plipp

Hi and thanks for your reply. I already have the latest drivers installed. I also tried deactivating my AV and I got no difference.

Best
    V

• raitei1213
    raitei1213 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,

Has anyone solve this problem? I am facing the same issue right now. I can only download a file in max 500kbps while my old laptop with Intel AC 3160 can download at least 3MBps in same network.

Regards,
    E
  • Plipp
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @Plipp

Hi and thanks for your reply. I already have the latest drivers installed. I also tried deactivating my AV and I got no difference.

Best
    V

• Ujjwal123
    Ujjwal123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Plipp said:
    Hi folks, 
    i just got my new Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G with Intel Wireless Dual Band AC-7265 wifi card, and immediately notice extremely slow wifi speeds compared to my 7 year old computer and also to my other Acer, a new Swift 5 that gets much higher speeds from my router. The Swift 5 has a newer wireless network card, an Intel Wireless-AC 9560. I have read that people seem to notice better speeds when turning off Bluetooth, so I tried that and it does seem to get slightly faster, however it is still extremely slow. I am talking 0,3-1,5 Mbit/sec on a 100Mbit fiber line on which I usually get at least 50-70 Mbit/sec. Also, it looses connection to the router all the time.

I have the latest wifi drivers (19.51.10.1) so I have no idea what to do next.

Please advice.

Best
    V

Hey I also own Swift 3 >SF315-52G and had same problem. But the thing that worked for me is running the below commands as administrator in command prompt one by one:
    1) netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt
    2) netsh winsock reset
    3) ipconfig /flushdns
    Then restart pc.

Also if that doesn't work download the latest driver from intel (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265) or acer official site (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7630?b=1). Wireless LAN driver

Uninstall the previous driver from device manager and restart. Then install new driver which you recently downloaded.

Then try above steps in command prompt again.
    It totally worked for me.

That should be enough but there can be more issues which I am aware of. So please reply if it didn't work for you
    Check this video to help you out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYWkIOCOlM