My Acer Predator G9-591 compatibility issue with some applications/games

Options
2»

Answers

• Mask13
    Mask13 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I cant seem to edit the post I dropped a second ago, so read in the first line, "Asus" is actually meant to be Acer. I know _someone_ will feel compelled to call me out on it.  Call away.     .. and by the way Acer, you have a problem with your old three year old Cadillac systems, that have not seen updates in years. 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Try updating Intel graphics driver from Device Manager by selecting Search for Updates online.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Mask13
    Options
    I tried to update the Intel Driver as you recommended,  through Device Manager and Search for Updates online.  It comes back with "The best drivers for your device are already installed".  The driver version installed is 22.20.16.4691, dated 6/2/2017. 

Intel Driver and Support Assistant indicates there are more recent drivers for the chipset, and permits me to install the Intel Graphics Windows 10 DHC Drivers, however, I receive an error message, stating "The driver installed is not validated for this computer, Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer"  

Accer has not validated more recent drivers for the Intel HD Graphics 530, while NVIDIA drivers continue to advance.  I believe this is the problem with the computer. 

• XdxD
    Options
    Ok, so uninstall your Intel Graphics driver through Device Manager by keeping the check for deleting the files. Then install the latest one compatible for Intel HD 530 from Intel Driver and Support Assistant.
  • Mask13
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Ok, so uninstall your Intel Graphics driver through Device Manager by keeping the check for deleting the files. Then install the latest one compatible for Intel HD 530 from Intel Driver and Support Assistant.
    That absolutely worked for me! I will do some more testing, but it looks like my Predator is back in action... Thanks !!
  • XdxD
    Options
    Mask13 said:
    That absolutely worked for me! I will do some more testing, but it looks like my Predator is back in action... Thanks !!
    Glad to know that.