Nitro XV273K randomly blacks out every now and then

Options
2»

Answers

• Jeef
    Jeef Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I've had this since April 2019 and have the black out issues you stated but worse, when it does black out it will occasionally switch to 422 colour format which i can see instantly and to be able to switch to RGB i have to reconnect the DP cable. This happens occasionally each time I turn the machine on too and the work around isn't an acceptable work around. 

Im using a 1080ti, ensured the DP ports are updated to latest firmware. used other DP cables that are rated for 120hz and 144hz  at 4k, same issue. 

Because this happened only like once every  1-2 months i was ok with it but now its once every 2-3 days. This happens with g-sync off or on. 

After reconnecting the DP cable

• Jeef
    Jeef Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    How do I go about returning this product? Do i have to use the "Customer Self Service" ? Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Contact Acer support for your area to setup warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • recusant
    recusant Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Funny thing here. I've seen an identical issue on PE320QK (out of warranty) - that monitor has a taped in LCD cable (with a push in connector) with something that looked like scotch tape.
    Over time and heat, the tape can loosen or tighten and you will get a bad panel cable contact and rare panel blinks, that show up or disappear, and also will show up or disappear if you jiggle the monitor. It's fixable in 30 minutes with either glue on the socket or better, thermally stable tape.

Acer, please use a proper keyed or levered connector next time. Heck, normal pushed in standard ribbon connector would do and is likely cheaper than this metal thing that does not have a latch. It's a major design flaw.

I have the same problem with flickering on the left side. How do I open the monitor to fix the cable?