Acer Aspire Nitro 5 : F12 Boot Menu not showing USB drive

Aradyan
Aradyan Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
After having enabled the F12 Boot Menu on my Acer Aspire Nitro 5 (Black Edition). My bootable USB stick (setup with Rufus) won't show up in the menu. Even if I put all USB ports before Windows Boot Manager in the boot order menu in the Bios it won't boot on it.

I'm trying to install a Linux dist on this drive to have a dual boot stick.

Answers

• Are you trying to install linux in uefi (gpt) or legacy (mbr) mode? What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aradyan
    Exact model : Acer Aspire 5 Nitro (Aspire VN7-591G-57C5)
    After trying another Linux dist, it worked. I guess it is where lies the problem. Is it possible that some OS are not compatible with Acer computer ?
  • You can install any operating system on this notebook model! However, what may be making it difficult to install other operating systems is boot mode!
    If boot mode is in uefi mode, you should convert both the pendrive and the hd to gpt and the iso of the operating system, it must be 64bit.
    If boot mode is in legacy mode, you should convert the pendrive and hd to mbr and the iso of the operating system, it can be either the 32bit version or the 64bit version!
    Some versions of linux do not accept the raid mode that is selected in sata mode!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aradyan
    How can I install my Linux dist in GPT mode ? When I use Rufus, for this dist only, it don't give me the choice to choose the partition scheme and it is by default MBR ! If I make the pendrive GPT using the terminal, how can I put the linux dist afterward without reseting the scheme part mode ?
    Thanks !
  • First you convert the pendrive to gpt on another notebook, using the cmd as administrator with these commands: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs=fat32 quick and assign!
    Then download a linux distribution that is 64bit and change the bootmode on the bios to uefi mode. You must create a password in setsupervisorpassword to disable secure boot! When installing linux, just delete the hd partitions and reinstall the operating system!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer