Should I use my acer swift 3 when the adapter is plugged in and the battery already reaches 100%?

HieuHuynh307
HieuHuynh307 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have recently heard some tips that if my laptop battery already reaches 99-100% and the adapter is plugged in, I can use my laptop with the power directly from the adapter, not using my battery. This way can ensure no harm to the battery life span. Is that true? Has anyone tried this? 

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @HieuHuynh307,

It is recommended to NOT have charger plugged into laptop for long time, when the battery is fully charged to 100%. If you do so, that may create static electricity in your motherboard and that can lead to many issues such as No Display, No Boot, etc...

To make battery charging level balanced, It is recommended to utilize the battery power in your laptop. Once battery power reaches to 30% or below, then plugin the charger and charge to laptop. This practice will really improve battery performance. 

For more details, I recommend you to click here and view the blog. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @HieuHuynh307,

It is recommended to NOT have charger plugged into laptop for long time, when the battery is fully charged to 100%. If you do so, that may create static electricity in your motherboard and that can lead to many issues such as No Display, No Boot, etc...

To make battery charging level balanced, It is recommended to utilize the battery power in your laptop. Once battery power reaches to 30% or below, then plugin the charger and charge to laptop. This practice will really improve battery performance. 

For more details, I recommend you to click here and view the blog. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)