how to change images to jpeg

Options
daveron
daveron Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi i have had some photos sent to me on a usb stick and my chromebook will not show them the photographer says i have to change the images to jpeg any know how i do this please thanks 

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    daveron

By using "MS Paint" program in Windows computer, you can change the format of picture. 
    Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 5
    1. Open Paint. Paint comes pre-installed on your PC. Press ⊞ Win+S to open the search box and type paint. When you see “Paint” appear in the search results, click on it.
    1. Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 6
    2. Open your image in Paint. Make sure the image is on your computer. Click the “File” menu and select “Open.” Locate your image and click “OK.”
      Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 7
    3. Click “File,” then click the arrow next to “Save As.” A list of image types, including JPEG, will appear.
      Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 8
    4. Click “JPEG.” This will launch a new box which allows you to choose a folder, rename the file, and select a “Save as type.” Navigate to a folder you’ll recall later and make sure “JPEG” is selected as the “Save as type.”Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 9 
    5. Rename the file if you wish, then click “Save.” Your file has been converted.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    daveron

By using "MS Paint" program in Windows computer, you can change the format of picture. 
    Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 5
    1. Open Paint. Paint comes pre-installed on your PC. Press ⊞ Win+S to open the search box and type paint. When you see “Paint” appear in the search results, click on it.
    1. Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 6
    2. Open your image in Paint. Make sure the image is on your computer. Click the “File” menu and select “Open.” Locate your image and click “OK.”
      Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 7
    3. Click “File,” then click the arrow next to “Save As.” A list of image types, including JPEG, will appear.
      Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 8
    4. Click “JPEG.” This will launch a new box which allows you to choose a folder, rename the file, and select a “Save as type.” Navigate to a folder you’ll recall later and make sure “JPEG” is selected as the “Save as type.”Image titled Convert Pictures To JPEG Step 9 
    5. Rename the file if you wish, then click “Save.” Your file has been converted.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,829 Trailblazer
    Options
    Depends on which format the pictures are in now. Converting lossless image formats like TIF to JPG will lose some of the original image data, as it gets compressed. There are ChromeOS apps that allow editing and saving in formats other than JPG so you might want to look into that before changing the pictures on the USB stick.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.