Acer H226HQL Force 4:3 on 16:9 monitor?

Options
Cae
Cae Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Monitors
Hello! I'm using an Acer H226HQL monitor connected to a PC and multiple game consoles. Some older console games will output in 720x480, which is then meant to be stretched/squished into either 4:3 or 16:9, depending on the content and settings. In the monitor's OSD, the "wide mode" setting contains two options: "aspect" and "full." For 720x480 16:9 content, I can set this to "full" and everything will look correct. But for 720x480 4:3 content, the closest I can get is to set it to "aspect", resulting in a 3:2 aspect ratio, with which everything is still somewhat too wide. This might be a long shot, but is there any way at all on this monitor to force the incoming video signal into 4:3 specifically? I don't see any reason why the monitor shouldn't technically be capable of it, if the option were there. I know there's a way to access a hidden service menu, but I don't know whether or not anything in there will do what I'm looking for, and I don't want to mess with those settings without knowing exactly what I'm doing. I also have some notion of there being a way to update monitor firmware, if that could potentially be a solution, but then I might be asking someone to do more work than I have any right to. I'm just a bit stuck here, and any kind of solution on the monitor end would be welcome.

Answers

• Bydey
    Bydey Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hey I know this is an old post but I just bought an Acer monitor and I'm having this exact same issue. Very frustrating. Did you find a fix?