BIOS UPDATE WONT WORK aspire 5740d

Options
sanjo19911
sanjo19911 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
IS there anyone who can help me with bios flash to my (aspire 5740d) i downloaded latest version of bios from acer oficial but it gives me eror:driver(WDM) init fail(0x137),reason for flashing bios is that i want to put my second hdd in dvd cad,sory for bad english and thanks

Best Answer

• Sanjo1991
    Sanjo1991 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    im solved  this problem with flashin bios 
    I flashed bios version 1.16 and it fix my cady problem (version 1.22 didnt fix problem)

1.you need program named RUFUS-3.4  to create bootable usb
    -put usb in laptop
    -open RUFUS program
    -under device chose your usb stick(1 gb no need for biger )
    -under boot selection:MS-DOS
    -hit start and it will create bootable DOS usb

2.download bios from acer oficial not version 1.22
    -extract files on dekstop to be easy to find
    -copy everything you find in Bios_acer folder exept readme file and send it to bootable usb you created
    -open that readme file and see what comand is there(in my case "Flash.bat") remaber it or ...
    -make sure that you alowed f12 boot from your bios

3.restart laptop hit f12 until opens boot options menu
    -chose your usb hit enter 
    -chose second keyboard when comes
    -type comand you remembered
    -it sould begin flashing folow steps in flesh utility

THIS PROCES WORKED FOR ME BUT THIS CAN BRICK YOUR MOTHER BOARD SO DO IT ON YOUR OWN

SORY FOR THAT SENZUAL ENGLISH

Answers

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    i forget to say im  on win 7 ultimate 64 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! I saw your message! Even though the hd connected caddy is not being on the bios, it does not mean it will not work on windows! I know this, because I also have a caddy installed in the model v3-571 and the hd is also not recognized in bios, but it is recognized in windows! It would be interesting to see if hd is recognized in device manager and disk management:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    thx for reply but im not able to aces bios if i put cady in and restart laptop will not be able to enter bios or boot windows,when cady in when windows is up i will recognize it and it work perfect until i want to restart windows

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the caddy, there is a button that you move left or right, see:

On some models, this button must be left or right to be detected!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    here you can see that its recognized in device manager and disk management:

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    its named Disk 1
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! At least the operating system is recognizing the hd that is connected to the caddy! Do you want to install some operating system on the hd that is connected caddy, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    ¸no i have instaled new windows 7 on my ssd that is in main place for hdd and it works great but i puted my old formated hdd in cady and sistem wont boot i cant even get to bios if i restart laptop with cady in 
  • sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    i googled  it and find somewhere that updating bios solved this,i was try to update bios with bios from acer oficial but came with error,i didnt try to boot fom usb and dont know how to do that,but in that dowloaded folder from acer came some apication for update direct from windows
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell which version of bios is installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,762 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Have you tried changing here, to see if the notebook goes into the bios with the caddy connected?

Is windows 7 installed, is it 64bit or 32bit?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    my cady dont hawe that options,bios versions is V 1.09
    there is on acer side 3 new versions
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to update the bios with the caddy disconnected? Have you installed windows 7 64bit or 32bit?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    yes i tried to instal bios without cady
    64 bit win 7

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think you should install the bios, opening the cmd as administrator and going to the flashupdate folder!

remembering that updating bios is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    can you please write those comand here 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You should look for the command prompt in windows 7. Then right-click and click "run as administrator"! You should go to the folder where bios is saved, by cmd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    done that but stil eror comes popup

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you sure there is no button in the caddy?

Have you tried using another caddy?
    Have you tried downloading bios version 1.22 and then upgrading to version 1.28?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sanjo19911

Tinkerer

Options
    i tried to download all 3 version and same eror,i do not have other cady to try but cady works nice when windows booted