"No bootable device" message on my Acer Swift 1. Can anyone please help me fix this?

Lib1968
Lib1968 Member Posts: 1 New User
Have tried all the pressing f2 at start up then f9 and f10 but nothing happens. Boot mode is UEFI and won't allow me to change it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Remove the charger. On the bottom look for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip into the hole for 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the machine rest for 15mins. Then plug the charger back in and turn the laptop on. Boot mode must remain UEFI to boot from HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sazy
    sazy Member Posts: 5 New User
    hello i have the same issue as her, i tried many times, to restart my pc and its the same no legacy option still uefi mode. please help me, my area is a little bit far away from the town. 
  • JackE
    Do NOT try to change it from UEFI mode or it will never boot. It must stay in UEFI mode to boot. Press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Remove the charger. On the bottom look for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip into the hole for 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. .Then try to turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sazy
    i already follow your instructions, still it shown no bootable device. 
  • sazy
    btw my device model is swift 1 SF 113-31
  • JackE
    Turn the machine off. Then turn it back on again and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Post a phone photo of the BIOS Information tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sazy
    here is the information. 
  • JackE
    OK. Go to the BIOS Main tab and make sure the F12 boot and D2D recovery options are enabled. Then F10 to save settings and exit. Then shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to allow you to refresh the machine while trying to save personal files and programs or an erase everything factory reset. If the recovery screen doesn't appear or gives an error message, then set and save a BIOS supervisor passwork in the BIOS Security tab.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    If those fail let's look at the eMMC drive itself. Boot from a Windows install flash drive and use the Repair mode to get a command prompt, then use diskpart to view the partitions and volumes on the disk. If diskpart can't see them then it's possible the drive has died. You can put a M.2 SATA SSD in to replace it if needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kajusv
    Kajusv Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am having the same problem. I do not know which steps to follow as I have an acer swift, but different model 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Kajusv,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• JackE

Please start your own thread by clicking on the ask a question button. Also state your full model number, example SF314-42G.

Jack E/NJ