Acer Aspire TC-780 (KBL) motherboard documentation - Does this exist?

13»

Answers

• EDSX
    EDSX Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have a 4 year old TC-780 in pieces dismantled right now, replacing defective motherboard. This information is all very helpful. Thank you so much.
  • Onlinepromo
    Onlinepromo Member Posts: 2 New User
    LarryCarr said:
    billsey said:
    The image has the motherboard with a tables just below it with six columns. If you can see the full motherboard you can see all six columns. If yur browser window is too small then try right clicking on the picture to download it and viewing locally.
    Thanks! The issue was in my too small window.

Thanks, good info, just what I needed.
  • Onlinepromo
    Onlinepromo Member Posts: 2 New User
    LarryCarr said:
    billsey said:
    The image has the motherboard with a tables just below it with six columns. If you can see the full motherboard you can see all six columns. If yur browser window is too small then try right clicking on the picture to download it and viewing locally.
    Thanks! The issue was in my too small window.

Thanks, good info, just what I needed.
  • BanjoPhil
    BanjoPhil Member Posts: 1 New User

Hiya,

This thread is brilliant.

I'm trying to increase the capacity of my factory installed 128gb boot drive. Could you please advise me if i could use the m2 connector marked No. 18 on the mainboard layout to install a 512 gb ssd. The description seems to imply that this if for wlan use only.

Best regards

Phil

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

That connector is WLAN only, you can't put a SSD into it. The other M.2 (#9) is the best place for a new SSD, but be aware it needs a SATA drive, not NVMe. Get a SATA SSD in the size you want (I'd likely go with 1TB these days) and an external SATA M.2 case. Put the new drive into the case and connect to a USB port, then clone from the existing drive to the new one. Once the cloning is complete open it up and swap the new drive in for the old one and boot to verify everything is working normally. When you are satisfied put the old drive into the case and use Disk Management to remove all partitions from the old drive and add one partition to use for offline data storage.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.