Why Acer Aspire 5742G shuts off randomly?

Sanle
Sanle Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hy.
I have acer aspire 5742g and it's shuting off randomly. Theres no heat issues because i changed thermal paste and cleaned laptop from dust. I have also tried different chargers so it can't be charger problem. I'm losingmy mind because i dont know what to do anymore. 

Thanks for responding. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Sanle
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Sanle
    Sanle Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Jack22 Thanks for responding but this model has removable battery so there isn`t a pin hole. It`s Acer Aspire 5742G-374G75Mnkk(Model No. PEW71).First i thought it needed new thermal paste and cleaning from dust but that didn`t solve the issue. I have also tried a lot of fixes found on enthernet. Temperatures are fine after adding new thermal paste and cleaning it from dust. I have tried a lot of chargers and it isn`t charger issue. I can`t test it on battery because it lasts about 30 minutes. I`ve been told to remove the cmos battery but in this laptop it`s soldered on board so i used jumper way but that didn`t resolve the problem also. Sorry for the bad english but i`m Estonian.