Acer Nitro 5 Trackpad and windows lag

Options
XNitro5X
XNitro5X Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I bought this laptop 3 days ago and everyday I experience a new problem and more disappointment. The trackpad was all fine at the beginning but yesterday is started to lag every now and then( especially when opening folders,google chrome or other apps. Also the opening itself is taking longer than usual( my 3 years old crappy toshiba laptop is doing better in these terms). Not to forget also that it was facing terrible thermal issues before I repasted it. This is just horrible and unbelievable for a 3 days old laptop that's titled as gaming too so any help regarding the mouse and lagging would be highly appreciated.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    If the issue appeared right after entering these commands, then it is most likely caused by them.
    You can try setting the reverse command, so you input the following:
    bdcedit /set disabledynamictick no
    bdcedit /set useplatformlock false

I am not sure what is the defult setting for the 3rd one that is set to enhnaced, but you can try the following:

bdcedit /set tscsyncpolicy defult

Hopefully it works and returns it to defult setting, whatever it is.

You try inputting each command 1 by 1 by restarting the system with each command to find out which one was causing the problem. If none of these fixes the issue, then something else(e.g driver) is causing it.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    Can you post your device's model number and specs.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• XNitro5X

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    Can you post your device's model number and specs.
    Acer Nitro AN515-53.
    Specs:
    I5-8300h
    GTX 1050Ti
    Single Channel 8GB DDR4 2666MHz ram
    1TB HDD and 256GB NVMe PCIe SSD(where windows in installed on)
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    BIOS Version: 1.19
    Note that everything is updated to their latest version and I've tried to restore windows to a previous state before it started lagging but it kept doing so.

• ven98
    Options
    Enter in safe mode to check if the issue will persist there. 

To enter in safe mode press shift+restart, then go to troubleshoot>advanced options>see more recovery options and then select start-up settings and restart. The system will restart and then select safe boot.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• XNitro5X

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    Enter in safe mode to check if the issue will persist there. 

To enter in safe mode press shift+restart, then go to troubleshoot>advanced options>see more recovery options and then select start-up settings and restart. The system will restart and then select safe boot.
    I just tried it and nothing changed but the mouse lag, it was gone. Also another thing: Far cry 4 also is lagging horribly when the temps aren't preceeding 62 on the cpu and about 53 on the gpu. Just before yesterday I was playing it and it was all fine that with the horrible thermals.
  • XNitro5X

Tinkerer

Options
    I just remembered something and I'm hoping it's not what caused the issue. Before yesterday I searched online on ways to solve micro-stuttering in games and I found several articles( one on reddit ) and videos that said to write this in cmd "bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes" with all people saying it helped them really well in games without saying anything about lagging. Well I didn't write this command only but wrote also 2 other ones that an article said will totally remove micro-stuttering 
    I did this restarted my pc and then was the first time i faced the trackpad lagging with next day showing the whole system lag for the first time.
  • ven98
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    If the issue appeared right after entering these commands, then it is most likely caused by them.

I am not sure what is the defult setting for the 3rd one that is set to enhnaced, but you can try the following:

You try inputting each command 1 by 1 by restarting the system with each command to find out which one was causing the problem. If none of these fixes the issue, then something else(e.g driver) is causing it.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• XNitro5X

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:

Thank you so much! It appeared that the second command was what caused the stuttering. I disabled it and everything is back to normal!
  • ven98
    Options
    You are welcome :). Glad it worked.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system