How can i fix a black screen issue on a aspire 3 acer laptop.

Options
ToxicHumor
ToxicHumor Member Posts: 1 New User
so i just got this laptop for Christmas, I can’t play minecraft on this laptop because everytime i do a black screen happens. Sometimes it takes an hour or a half of hour for it to happen. Most times if the first black screen appears and i go to shut down my pc it will do a black screen back to back. It’s highly annoying and ridiculous that a brand new pc is doing this. It’s frustrating that I can’t fix this issue or get a proper answer to this issue. So please help me solve this issue.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    Options
    @ToxicHumor
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Must be a driver issue
  • Muzah02
    Muzah02 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Aspire 3 (A315-32-C5HQ) its on but the screen is black and when plugging and unplugging the charger a beep sound is produced

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

@Muzah02

The beep sound is a build-in Acer feature to let you know the power supply is off or unplugged

@ToxicHumor

An intermittent black screen of a new system usually indicates a Java and/or software compatibility issue, if you have not tried this, uninstall Minecraft in Add or Remove Programs. Go to the Microsoft store, sign in and download Minecraft. If after that you still get the BSOD when running Minecraft you need to reset your Windows system: type "Reset this PC" in the search bar and follow the steps, you can choose to keep all your files.

• Makaka319
    Makaka319 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hello, I also have a problem with a laptop, after turning off the BIOS battery, it stopped turning on, a black screen, the processor gets very hot, turns off after 10 seconds and then the same thing continues. there is a sound indication of charging connection. how do i fix this?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

@Makaka319 @Muzah02 @ToxicHumor

Bring/ship your laptop to an Acer Service point for checking, if it is a BIOS, driver or OS issue Acer will reinstall everything (to factory setting) for a small service fee ($25) or free if your latop is still under warranty (regardless of the back cover being opened)😉