Helios 300 random fps cap to 30

Keyser
Keyser Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

It has been 4months now since I bought the Helios 300
I had the same fps cap issue (Launching any game that would be capped at 30fps, with AC adaptater plugged) when I updated in December to the troublesome driver at the time
I just had to reinstall a previous driver back then

But since then, the issue would keep coming back whenever I plug in my monitor
Otherwise, when not using the monitor, everything is fine
I came back to an old & reliable driver update, nothing changed
Then updated the drivers again, nothing changed

What should I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Keyser>>>when I updated in December to the troublesome driver at the time>>>I just had to reinstall a previous driver back then>>>But since then, the issue would keep coming back whenever I plug in my monitor>>>I came back to an old & reliable driver update, nothing changed. Then updated the drivers again, nothing changed>>>

Why do you keep trying to update? And then roll back again to the old and reliable driver? Did you think that if you updated and rolled back enough times, that the update would finally do something wonderful? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    @JackE is right.. I believe the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Also when you revert to an older Nvidia driver there are many components that do not revert such as PHYSX, Geforce Experience, Audio Driver etc.
    Basically just the graphics driver reverts which can be conflicting.

Try using IObit Uninstaller to completely remove Nvidia and all its components then reinstall the latest Nvidia drivers fresh.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    +1 to @Red-Sand

Reverting to older version means uninstalling existing one completely, restarting, and then installing the older version.
    Uninstalling should include all components of software.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045